Cruise Tips and Packing Hints (long!!)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by LaurlieMT, Oct 31, 2006.

1. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

Thats great thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jpod523

jpod523 is awesome

Just a few extra tips that i shall remember for next time:

1. Don't forget a watch. I never carried my cell phone because I didn't need it. But without it, i never knew what time it was. Made lots of friends asking them for the time though...but it made my life stressful not knowing.

2. Bring a large cup for the soda fountains. the ones next to it are way too little for adults. i usually finish by the time I'm three steps away. I love my 24oz Tervis, but some people swear by the Big Bubba Keg. Haha. I don't drink that much soda.

3. Bring an empty duffle bag or something for souvenirs and things to take home. No matter how light I pack, I still never have enough room to bring everything back in one suitcase.

4. disneyluvrtink

disneyluvrtink Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have the sweet tea machines like they do at the resorts??

5. dringster

dringster Earning My Ears

Great tips thank you

6. reevesinga

reevesinga Mouseketeer

You mean up on he pool deck?

7. disneyluvrtink

I'm not sure. Just where the self serve drinks are.

8. tryin

tryin Mouseketeer

I didn't use a pop-up hamper, instead I bought an XXL large nylon laundry bag and kept it in the closet. I used this for all clothing and it held clothing for 5 people.

You can always ask for water for kids, alone or with a soft drink, at any restaurant. My children are not allowed to drink soda, so the cruise was an extra special bonus of unlimited soda. There were a couple of times I had to advise my children (mainly the 20yr old) that Sprite and pancakes and danishes may not be the best combination. I also would bring my baby's bottle and ask our assistant server for lukewarm-warm water to make formula.

Yes, bring a watch. I never knew what time it was. There was a small digital clock on the nightstand, but it was hard for me to see.

I loved having my ergo for my baby. It would be such a long wait to fit the stroller in the elevator at times.

9. reevesinga

reevesinga Mouseketeer

The do not have 'brewed' sweet tea anywhere on the boat! (Trust me, it is the only complaint me sweet southern hubby has about DCL!). They may have 'Nestea!?' But I am not totally sure!

10. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

No, just straight iced tea. And not brewed, at the drink station, it's the iced tea mix. You can get brewed iced tea in the MDRs.

11. disneyluvrtink

Oh ok! Thank y'all!

12. MollyMom

MollyMom Earning My Ears

Wow, thanks everyone for this a great list of tips! I've written many of them down (although fear I could be boarding with 5 suitcases now!! :) I highly recommend the cruisediva site to new cruisers as well. It's full of tons of information about packing and planning for your trip. I'm wondering if anyone has used her book and found it good (has one good/one bad review on Amazon). Or if anyone can suggest a better one? (Sorry.... off topic!!) Thanks!

13. DisMomK

DisMomK We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers o

Wonderful info, and such a great help! Thanks!!! Cruising in 9 days!!!

14. Esully

Esully Earning My Ears

Great advise, thank you so much for sharing!!!

15. WonderTwinsMom

WonderTwinsMom Earning My Ears

Hi Laurie

Thanks for the comprehensive list. It will be useful when we go on the EBTA next month, While DH and I have cruised before, this time, we'll have 3-year old twins in tow. It's too bad they can't go even in the wading pool with the swim diapers, they were really excited about that. And since they're not 100% potty trained, guess, we'll be going with them to the kids clubs. Oh, they'll get to go on their own at the next cruise for sure.

Cheers
    Teri :)
    Thank you very much for the comprehensive list. It's going to be very helpful next month when we sail on our first DCL cruise. We've done the transatlantic before, but now we'll have a set of twins on t

16. STLDisney_Freak

STLDisney_Freak I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH

I'm wanting to make a little medicine baggy with items we "might" need in case of an accident or tummy ache, etc. I'm really not wanting to go down to the medic for anything unless major emergency so I read somewhere that some people have made them..

Did you purchase singles packets or would it be best to just purchase the bigger boxes of medicine and take some out of it?

17. tmgdownunder

tmgdownunder Earning My Ears

Hello.

I'm new to this forum and I've booked a cruise for next year...

Do you Guys know if there's a limit on the amount of bottled water we can bring on board?

We are a family of 5 that drinks water a lot. Thank you.

18. tink too

tink too DIS Veteran

Welcome the the boards. :wave2:

Not sure if there is a limit, but it must all be in your carry-on bags, not checked luggage.

19. tmgdownunder

Thank you...

What is the baggage limit? I've seen a 2pc limit. Any ideas about the weight??

20. tink too

tink too DIS Veteran

Again, not too sure about the weight limits - have you checked the DCL website to see if it's mentioned there? I know all the restrictions are mentioned for sure - no irons, etc.

As for your carry-ons - I would say bring as much as you are comfortable carrying. The only thing to note is you may not get into your stateroom immediately after boarding (rooms usually available after 1.30pm), so you could be carrying all your hand luggage around for a while.

21. tmgdownunder

Thank you I checked and I could not find it. I booked the cruise through my local travel agent so I will just ask her.

Thanks again. Really appreciate it.