Cruise ship disembark time

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by LimoFam5, Feb 11, 2013.

1. LimoFam5

LimoFam5 DIS Veteran

I've been on Disney cruises before and it's always been my experience that the give u a time to have breakfast and u disembark by character. I have a car service picking my party up from port and they will be there at around 9/930am. Is it possible to get off the ship anytime u want?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

Depends where you are sailing from. At Port Canaveral, they do not disembark by character. It is open disembarking as soon as the ship clears customs. The announcement normally comes around 7am but has been as late as 830-900 due to delays.

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

As noted above, cruises out of PC have always been open disembarkation. You don't have your next cruise noted so can't address that port specifically. The ship is usually cleared around 7:00 and the doors open by 7:30. We always go to the early breakfast and disembark with little line by 8:00. If you want to be one of the first to get off the ship when the doors open, just keep your luggage with you the last night and take it all off the ship on your own.

5. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me what time breakfast on arrival day should be for the late dinner seating? We skipped it last time, and I want to be sure we get to go, but also are not late for limo pickup. Thanks!

6. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

745 or 8..can't recall which exactly. You can always skip it and eat at Cabanas/BBB/Topsiders (depends which ship you are on) instead.

7. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

Thank you! We skipped it last time because we were in a rush to get to MK, but would like to take our time on this one :)

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Ours was at 8. Just yesterday! We were among the last off, and the last call to get off the ship was made at 9, nearly on the dot if I recall correctly. Still getting off then through the terminal then through customs did take some time.

9. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

Thank you! I told the limo to pickup at 10. Do you think that will be sufficient? We flew through customs last time, but I know that is not always the case and probably largely had to do with getting off so early.

10. LimoFam5

LimoFam5 DIS Veteran

Our cruise is on the fantasy out of pc. We r booked for the late dinner. What time will put breakfast be.. 8am? Trying to figure out a good time to tell our driver to pick is up.