1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. DisneyMom14

DisneyMom14 DIS Veteran

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Godiva5

Godiva5 Earning My Ears

My organizer is actually on a hanger, with 12 pockets on each side. Never been on a Disney cruise before. Are their wall hooks in either of the washrooms to hang it on?

4. nancipants

nancipants Mouseketeer

Just make sure you're not taking anyone's float! :thumbsup2

5. Ancaster

Ancaster Mouseketeer

I don't know if you would call this a secret perse, our dining family who we were paired with did not ask for a joining room (they came by themselves) but they randomly got one where there is a door, locked all the time, between them and the room next to them.

They said they could easily hear the other party. Whereas both times we've cruised, we did not hear our neighbours at all.

6. carissa1970

carissa1970 DIS Veteran

We had joining rooms and never heard a sound. We weren't even sure anyone was over there. We also had the laundry directly next to us on the other side and never heard a thing. In fact, unless we opened the door to the hall, it was silent.

7. Ancaster

Ancaster Mouseketeer

Was there someone there though?

Our friends said they heard the same wakeup song every morning. Burned into their memory, lol.

8. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

We had a connecting room. We did hear the other family a couple of times, but it wasn't too loud. We have heard FAR more noise in the hallways and neighboring rooms of the Disney resorts than we heard from our Dream stateroom. :wizard:

9. dinkydee718

dinkydee718 Earning My Ears

Love this idea! Glad my son is 'Xander.' My kids can take a picture in Xander's cabin!

10. bvpascoe

bvpascoe Disney Fan

Great tips - love especially the magnetic clips!

11. sunshineNJ

sunshineNJ DIS Veteran

Are there free drink locations on every deck? Thanks:)

12. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

There is a hook in the hallway outside the the bathroom door but just before the sitting / bedroom. or you can hang it in the closet. I do not remember if there are hooks inside the washroom because it was convenient for me to have it outside.

13. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

The 'free' drink location is the soda fountain and coffee / hot water machine outside the buffet area on deck 9 (magic class) or deck 11 (dream class) There is also a fountain inside the buffet area which is available when the buffet is open.

14. muse7mom

muse7mom Mouseketeer

Just seeking an opinion here because I can't make a decision: I ordered an embroidered pillowcase from etsy and will take it to be signed as a surprise for DD's birthday. It will be pink and black embroidery. I was thinking of having only pink and black markers included to match. Or, do you think the multi colors would be better? TIA!

15. HeddyRuth

HeddyRuth Mouseketeer

We did the same with pink and purple markers. The problem we had was there were so many signatures that they became dull before they were done and many of the signatures are already faded. If you do this, and I think it looks really nice, I recommend placing multiple markers in the bag so there are no issues especially with the purple which is lighter.

16. MyShoes

MyShoes Earning My Ears

Has anyone brought a picture frame matte for the characters to sign? It could be a fun matte around a formal night picture.

17. HeddyRuth

HeddyRuth Mouseketeer

We did a black mat with a silver pen around a black and white photo from formal night. It looks amazing.

18. Donald & Daisy Duck

Donald & Daisy Duck <font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!

We also did a black mat with silver pen for our 25th anniversary - we have a picture from our dinner at palo in it and it looks great

19. SnBDiva

SnBDiva Earning My Ears

And please forgive me if I have misunderstood something but...

we rather enjoy dressing in our formal attire & on the Golden Mickeys night it appears that the "not so secret" in having the late seating dining (even with fewer children & not having to rush back from excursions) there is a great possibility of missing the Golden Mickeys After Party. Is this the case?

20. MissCallie

MissCallie Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the interesting tips and ideas! Can't wait for my trip!

21. weniepooh

weniepooh Earning My Ears

Ok, so for seating with the rotational dining for supper, do they automatically put you with other people? We are a family of 4 and I would prefer to have our own take. Could we request to have our own table?