Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. RapunzelFloyd

RapunzelFloyd Mouseketeer

I just need an opinion I am doing a fe exchange and I want to make recycled crayons (large fun shape) and coloring books for the kids, how young is too young for large crayons and coloring books and also what is too old for these gifts. I still like to color and I am 33 :rotfl2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Katekins13

Katekins13 Mouseketeer

I love that idea! My daughter has been playing with crayons since about a year old - maybe even younger - so I would around 1 would be ok esp bc you said they are large.

And I agree with you - I'm 32 and color as much as my daughter lol

4. RapunzelFloyd

RapunzelFloyd Mouseketeer

Lol, awesome!!

I was thinking for 3 to 11 for the age group. I am making the coloring books now! Thanks so much for your help :)

5. lillyshelle

lillyshelle 2nd Generation Disney Lover

OK so I have a question about the signatures on the pillowcases... Does the signature bleed through to the other side if I use a permanent marker? Or does Disney take care of that issue? Just didn't know if there would be a problem with this. TIA

6. joycsk

joycsk Red's my girl

For t-shirts or pillow cases, place a thin sheet of cardboard inside and then there isn't a bleeding issue.

7. Ancaster

Ancaster Mouseketeer

Unlike an airline, there is no (reasonable limit) to the number of carryons you can bring on the ship so we bring an extra empty duffle bag packed in our suitcase which we take out, shop in Florida for alcohol, small cans of pop, juiceboxes, etc that we then put in the duffle for the ship.

The size limit is actually larger than what's posted. As long as the bag can go through the scanner, it's good. So if your duffle is slightly larger, no worries.

Remember that alcohol in checked luggage will be removed and given back to you at the end of the cruise, so don't put any in those suitcases being checked! And anything that comes in a commercial can or bottle such as those ordered for room service is charged. They do not send fountain pop or juice you can get on Deck9 to your room.

8. Ancaster

Ancaster Mouseketeer

In addition to cardboard, write a note that it may bleed through and you would appreciate the cardboard left inside for signing.

We used fabric markers:

[​IMG]

9. alagille

alagille Mouseketeer

We used the Pluto Pajama Party pillowcases that they made in the club one night while on the cruise for signatures. The kids colored some of the pluto picture while in the club and the characters signed all around the graphic. They love them!

10. kdesantis44

kdesantis44 Earning My Ears

We did something different for signatures. We got the big Mickey gloves and got those signed. They are stuffed so well that they stand on DS' desk. He still likes them three years later.

11. Lisamarie4400

Lisamarie4400 Mouseketeer

This is a great idea. We own the gloves already. We are almost 6 hours from FL on our drive down but we will do it next time.

12. rescuetink

rescuetink DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! I gotta do this!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

13. mrslfc

mrslfc Earning My Ears

Hi it has take a while but I have read through all these post, thanks so much for the tips I have made loads of notes for my first cruise in Aug!!!

Just wondering for the carry on, I have a wheelie bag that is a couple of inches bigger than the size posted do you think this would be ok? How strict are they on the size?

14. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

::yes::

Also ... Welcome :cool1:

15. GenerationK-er

GenerationK-er NOLA Rising/New Orleans is Back/Mardi Gras 4ever

No need to rent the inner tubes on Castaway Cay. They can typically be found abandoned on the island a couple of hours after debarkation and they are HUGE!

16. NAB

NAB <font color=green>That first page just got too hea

It has to go though the x ray machine so keep that in mind. Same type as at the airport.

17. mrslfc

mrslfc Earning My Ears

18. mrslfc

mrslfc Earning My Ears

Ok great thanks, I have taken it on a plane many times and is actually a lot smaller then some others I have seen on flights so should be fine :)

19. Ancaster

Ancaster Mouseketeer

I saw some bags larger than my duffle go through the machine (ours is the exact limit). If you have a problem, unless it's a hard case, remove some items, bring extra grocery type cloth bags or use your beach bag, and put the excess in them. You are allowed more than one carryon.
    Just remember you will be lugging around anything you carry in until your room is ready.

20. mrslfc

mrslfc Earning My Ears

Thanks it should be fine I think as it is only a couple of inches bigger on the width and it has wheels so not worried about having to carry it, want to be able to put wine and beer in it!!:cool1:

21. MrsRaker

MrsRaker Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great tips!