Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ppan77

ppan77 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nyyankeegirl

nyyankeegirl Mouseketeer

Any tips on pin trading? My boys love to pin trade. I know when we've been to the resorts, at certain times of the night they will bring out a pin trading board. Do they do this on the cruises?

4. sdchickie

sdchickie Fan of the Mouse!

They do pin trade on the ship. They even have a night where you can trade with the officers. We didn't see many unique pins on their lanyards, but they do have alot of cruise pins for purchase on the ship. They also have CC pins at CC.

Another tip, you can make milkshakes with the soft serve icecream and a little milk, just bring one of those travel mugs and shake it real good.

5. mark_bert

mark_bert Earning My Ears

A good tip for pin trading is to go on ebay and pick up a bunch of inexpensive pins to start out with. That way you can bypass the initial cost of pins on the ship.

6. goofystitchfan

goofystitchfan SSR Owners

Thanks for the milkshake tip, never thought of that one! I purchased a lot of pins on ebay too so that my boys would have some extras for trading.

7. K8T

K8T DIS Veteran

Beware of buying job lots on ebay, there are a lot of fakes out there - I got 'done' with a lot of 11 pins, 6 were duds.

There is a thread on the boards about pin trading and how to spot 'scrappers', maybe worth a look before buying, as there is also a list of sellers who are known to sell scapper pins.

Kate

8. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

This will not work in Europe as you need to carry your passport when in port

9. dinahfig

dinahfig Mouseketeer

If I remember correctly, it seems that the drinks in the souvenir glasses are the same price as other drinks and are bigger than the regular glasses they give you! :)

10. Alan_BLT_2009

Alan_BLT_2009 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great tips!

11. mocha1193

mocha1193 Mouseketeer

I just love the photo frame idea. Thanks everyone for all the great ideas.

12. Mommy2princess

Mommy2princess Married to Prince Charming & Mommy to 2 little pri

Thanks for all of the great tips! I'm subscribing to this thread so we'll be 'in the know' for our trip in April!

13. mushu756

mushu756 Mouseketeer

I definitely agree on packing a small carry on bag with a change of clothes and a bathing suit we cruised in August and the heat was brutal my 2 and 1/2 year old was able to cool of in the splash zone.

14. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

When you buy the drinks in the souvenir glasses, you do pay extra for the glass. But, if you do this you can bring it over to one of the bars and ask for them to wash it out. They sometimes give you a new one instead. I have quite a collection of these souvenir glasses, and now tend to avoid them, LOL!

Except for the one on Castaway Cay, which last time I was there was a nice insulated, colorful cup with lid and straw. :)

15. the great cornholeo

the great cornholeo Hooked!

I don't think that I read anything about making sure that you bring enough cash or credit to book your next cruise on board, because after the 1st DCL cruise :worship:you'll be hooked.

16. Blovesdisney

Blovesdisney Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great tips! This will be my 2nd DCL cruise and we will have three other families joining us. I think I'm going to make them Cruise Tip baskets for Christmas with the pillow case, photo matt, door magnets, thank you notes, and a gift card. Sounds like I'll have three families off my Christmas list now! Keep the tips coming.. I love finding out new things.

17. Lauralooneyfordisney

Lauralooneyfordisney DIS Veteran

Subscribing! Love all the tips!:thumbsup2

18. Tikihula

Tikihula DIS Veteran

Not sure if they still do it, but on our first afternoon a couple years ago they offered a free guided tour of the ship. We got to visit the bridge, the spa and the kitchen area where all the food is prepared, and were offered a chocolate chip cookie as a treat. Very interesting tour. Not sure if there is a minimum age (probably).

19. txcnm

txcnm Earning My Ears

thanks for the great tips

20. imanazd

imanazd Mouseketeer

1. We have always gotten our markers back. 3. And yes I have bought DCL scrap book supplies on board!:woohoo:

21. julai13

julai13 Earning My Ears

Great tips!:cheer2: