Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kgsmith

kgsmith DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing!

DS (8) will love the pillowcase idea!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney-Brat

Disney-Brat Earning My Ears

What a wonderful idea-- I did not know that
    Thanks-- I love these boards:banana:

4. Disney-Brat

Disney-Brat Earning My Ears

Yes!!! let's remember to do that so it keeps them happy and we can continue to bring out things to them each cruise!!:dance3:

5. ddpaints

ddpaints Mouseketeer

Subscribing :goodvibes These are great to know since this time we have children.
    Always looking for extra , above and beyond things to do for my little ones. Hoping when they are my age with kids of their own they will remember and pass it on to the next generation

6. BealsRwe

BealsRwe DIS Veteran

Make sure to take fabric markers for your pillowcase. They worked so much better than Sharpies. They added so much this past cruise. I took DD pillowcase to Guest Services in a gallon sized ziploc, complete with fabric markers, and 4 boxes of movie sized candy. I also dropped 2 bags of Twizzlers off with the Guest Services team when I dropped off the pillowcase. I opted for non-chocolate candy as we sailed most recently in August. The smiles I received when dropping off were great, and matched even better by my DD freaction when she saw her completed pillowcase the last night of the cruise. I also gtake candy on for the children's activities staff...all of this plus our FE gifts gave me a whole carry on to bring goodies back home.

7. BealsRwe

BealsRwe DIS Veteran

I didn't find that out until #11, you beat me! Well worth the stop in Cove Cafe for an extra special coffee and treat. During the afternooon, they had mini sandwiches.

8. BealsRwe

BealsRwe DIS Veteran

I found a design I loved from the magnet thread and had the pillowcase printed. I had used an iron on transfer in Dec and it washed off. The pillowcase was washed a few times before taking on the cruise to be sure it would hold up. I used fabric markers this time-betther than sharpies as they don't bleed or lose color in the wash. I will eventually post directly in my signature, but until then DD newest pillowcase is linked to in my signature.

9. Silly Little Pixie

Silly Little Pixie <font color=blue>My name is Inigo Montoya. You kil

I surprised my kids with the pillowcases in 2008 and they still sleep with those on the bed! DH says THIS cruise we get our own pillowcases! :lmao:

Oh heck yeah! DH and I make it a tradition that at least one night we get Mickey bars for dessert! Mmmm, mmm! (He declines the sprinkles, but DS and I like them.)

Another good tip is to bring your swimsuits in a day bag when you board (or kids can wear them under their clothes). That way you can hit the pool right away, before everyone's bags start arriving and it gets crowded. We like to eat lunch poolside and watch the kids swim as soon as we get on board. Then I sneak off to decorate our door with magnets at 1:30, which is the earliest you can get to your room. By the time the kids are done swimming, they head down to change and they get to see my latest masterpieces and a welcome message from me!

10. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

Ginny and Christine, my DH is with you on the Mickey bars! He has one every night as his dessert. Servers try to entice him with chocolate lava cake, strawberry shortcake, etc., but he chooses Mickey bars over all the other desserts - except in Palo! Christine, you'll meet my DH on the ship in November and I'm sure he'll tell you about his passion for Mickey bars. He sometimes orders them for room service and they bring 2!

Ginny - have fun on your cruise. Tell my Italian wanna-be buddy hi.

Jan

11. gdulaney

gdulaney <font color=deeppink>Another Konk Kooler please...

:hug: Why are September and November soooo far apart?

Tell Dave "hi" for us!!

Ginny

12. AmandaRG

AmandaRG Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Thanks so much for those that have posted ideas! It will make it so much easier for those of us that are first timers (although I have to say that we don't see it being the last!).

13. Emsabems

Emsabems Earning My Ears

I love the idea of givng a thank you gift to the signees and club CMs.... but I wonder if they get incredibly sick of candy.

What's the best thank you gift you've ever given/heard of?

EmsaBems
    pirate:

14. froggy5657

froggy5657 <font color=darkorchid>Trivia Master on the Wonder Moderator

I think even writing a personalized note to the people in the club and mentioning some great memories that your daughter/son now has because of them would be really sweet.

15. Mackie Mouse

Mackie Mouse Even my dog loves Disney

I think doing the photo mat will be such a cute and unique keepsake. As a totally non-crafty person, where is a good place to get one of these? Would your standard Michael's/AC Moore/Jo-Ann fabrics-type craft store have them?

16. FairyGrandmother

FairyGrandmother Mouseketeer

Yes Michels or Hobby Lobby both have photo mats. Any place that sells photo supplies will carry them.

17. speicher46

speicher46 Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing. We have been on eight Disney cruises and did not know about some of this. We are getting ready to take the 14 day Transatlantic next May so these secrets will be very useful.

18. DiSnEyFrEaK22

DiSnEyFrEaK22 Mouseketeer

I am bringing my wedding guestbook on the cruise, I hope the characters will sign it! princess:

19. Fivepin

Fivepin DIS Veteran

We bring one of those nightlight/air freshener plug in for the bathroom. It helps when the kids have to get up in the middle of the night.

I have a small extension cord with 3 outlets since we have so many things to charge these days

It's not on the room service menu, but we get the Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustables the night before a port day. Ask them not to heat it up and we keep it in the fridge until the next day. It makes a great snack to hold you over or if you have picky kids-this is their lunch.

Just a couple of our tidbits.

20. dream2011

dream2011 Mouseketeer

thanks for all the great tips. Disboards and disers make the 7 month wait for my first disney cruise more bearable....Thanks dream2011:thumbsup2

21. weavers1995

weavers1995 Earning My Ears

WOW!!! These are great ideas! Thank you so much! We sail in January and I can't wait!!!

Amy :cool1: