Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we can Topsiders (is it Beach Blanket on Wonder?) for breakfast buffet option on disembarkation morning. :cheer2:

For those "Dream-ers" note, there is no buffet option on disembarkation morning. Your breakfast will be in the last restaurant you dined in the night before.

We did the pillowcase thing. I have seen white Disney pillowcases at the Card an Party outlet for kids to color in at parties. We used a Pottery Barn Teen embroidered on white cotton throw pillow cover. You can choose to get signatures from the classic characters or the princesses.

As for the buffet breakfast on disembarkation day - are we sure there isn't one on the Dream? On the Wonder they always told us to go to our rotation restaurant, at a ridiculously inconvenient assigned time, but despite that we discovered that you did in fact have the option of going to the buffet instead. We were really kicking ourselves after finding out, as we generally prefer the buffet to the restaurant breakfasts anyway.

As another alternative - anyone know if you can order room service breakfast for disembarkation day? Seems like it might get too much in their way.

As for the buffet breakfast on disembarkation day - are we sure there isn't one on the Dream? On the Wonder they always told us to go to our rotation restaurant, at a ridiculously inconvenient assigned time, but despite that we discovered that you did in fact have the option of going to the buffet instead. We were really kicking ourselves after finding out, as we generally prefer the buffet to the restaurant breakfasts anyway.

As another alternative - anyone know if you can order room service breakfast for disembarkation day? Seems like it might get too much in their way.
I have heard you can order from room service up until midnight on your last night. So, on the Wonder, we can go to the buffet breakfast before disembarkation?

For those "Dream-ers" note, there is no buffet option on disembarkation morning. Your breakfast will be in the last restaurant you dined in the night before.

We did the pillowcase thing. I have seen white Disney pillowcases at the Card an Party outlet for kids to color in at parties. We used a Pottery Barn Teen embroidered on white cotton throw pillow cover. You can choose to get signatures from the classic characters or the princesses.

Did they change that recently-about breakfast? We were on the MV and we went to Cabanas for breakfast on disembarkation morning. With the kids we have first dining so they never make it up to do the dining room breakfast. I will be upset if they did away with that. We took our time and relaxed while the craziness of the people who had to get off first got off and then we went down.

We got a 9"white vinylmation signed-something different this time.

I have heard you can order from room service up until midnight on your last night. So, on the Wonder, we can go to the buffet breakfast before disembarkation?

Unless they have changed it recently, you can go to the buffet for breakfast on the Wonder. Room service is open until midnight that last night to get food right away, but they don't do orders for the morning of disembarkation day. They really want us out of those cabins!!

Unless they have changed it recently, you can go to the buffet for breakfast on the Wonder. Room service is open until midnight that last night to get food right away, but they don't do orders for the morning of disembarkation day. They really want us out of those cabins!!

We usually order a couple of fruit bowls and some cereals on the last night. The cereals are just sealed like they are on the breakfast buffets and the milk is in cartons so the milk and fruit goes in the fridge \ cooler overnight and is just fine in the morning. Plus DH orders the coffee which will stay hot in the carafe overnight.

Mel
x

We will be sailing on the dream next year and I love the picture matter idea... would they do mire than one/cabin? I would love to be able to do one for each of my kids.

I'm sure somewhere in all of these posts someone has mentioned this but our favorite tip has to be....
DIVERSIONS!! We spent many evenings down there, until about 11:30 playing yahtzee and having a quiet drink. It is almost always nearly deserted in there... so a nice place to relax after a busy day.
During the day the kids can come with you and there are board games you can use. Our girls loved Jenga and yahtzee and Princess Chutes and Ladders. If you have late seating for dinner, this is a good place to come get snacks before your show. Around 5:00 they put out wings, tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and some other toppings, fresh veggies and I think there were always hotdogs too.
If you are a sports fan they always have some kind of game on TV.

The waiters/bartenders down in Diversions are the nicest guys. Definitely set aside some time to spend down there :)

:thumbsup2
I'm sure somewhere in all of these posts someone has mentioned this but our favorite tip has to be....
DIVERSIONS!! We spent many evenings down there, until about 11:30 playing yahtzee and having a quiet drink. It is almost always nearly deserted in there... so a nice place to relax after a busy day.
During the day the kids can come with you and there are board games you can use. Our girls loved Jenga and yahtzee and Princess Chutes and Ladders. If you have late seating for dinner, this is a good place to come get snacks before your show. Around 5:00 they put out wings, tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and some other toppings, fresh veggies and I think there were always hotdogs too.

The waiters/bartenders down in Diversions are the nicest guys. Definitely set aside some time to spend down there :)

I completely agree with this :thumbsup2 We found Diversions about midway through the cruise and if my DD wasn't in the club or the pool that was where she wanted to be. We also found it to be the absolutely perfect place to be on disembarkation morning after breakfast. We weren't in a huge hurry to get off the ship and didn't want to wait in line for the doors to open so we walked over to Diversions and played a few games. Then we got up about 8:00 or so and walked right off the boat.

Getting ready for our Dream cruise in June and loving this thread! Thanks for all the tips!

Having just come off the Wonder for the MR trip (sob sob, only came off on Sunday and want to be back on!!), my best tip, and one I got off here is for the secret deck on deck 7. I spent loads of time on there, and most of the time it was deserted. Just take some towels from deck 9, suncream and a book and it was great.

One thing to note is depending on which way the wind is blowing, you may end up with black soot marks on you from the funnel. This happened to me and I reported it at guest services as I didn't know what it was, and they phoned my stateroom to tell me and to aplogise.

Another Diversions fan! On the EBTA that's where we would all 'rally' as people came back from their excursions. A relaxing beverage, a little snack and then off to dinner! :thumbsup2

I have 13 days on the Wonder coming up and just hanging out there is one of the things I'm really looking forward to.

Wonderful idea -- thank you! I never realized we could take our DD in there before dinner. Sounds like a great place for some family time. :goodvibes

On a 4 day cruise, the restaurant that you like the least of the other two.......tell them you want to dine there on the first night of your cruise.That way you will not repeat that " least like " restaurant during the four days of cruisin'.

Okay, a PP mentioned the PassPorter's Treasure Hunt for WDW & DCL. Does anyone actually have one of those that they would be willing to make copies of the DCL pages and send to me? It's out of print, naturally, and the prices on eBay and Alibris range from $22.85 - $216.00! :scared1:

Might have to resort to buying one, but as they are from 2006, I would rather get copies of the DCL pages and wait for a new edition (hopefully!) for our WDW trip in 2012...

Hoping someone out there can help... :love:

I may have one that is on the computer let me ask my husband our cruise was fen of 2010 so I think it might be somewhat current send me a personal reminder if I take too long my husband is dizdaddy also

I love your avatar Lady Shopper. Do you mind if I use the avatar? I was born in America, however my heart will always be in England.

I may have one that is on the computer let me ask my husband our cruise was fen of 2010 so I think it might be somewhat current send me a personal reminder if I take too long my husband is dizdaddy also

Ohhhhh Ohhhhh Me too!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

If you do have it to share, I'd surely appreciate it!!! :thumbsup2

So sorry, we have pp disney cruise line 2009 but not the treasure hunt, I would recommend going to the library to see if you can get the one you are looking for. Once again I'm so sorry to get your hopes up, I know I read that one so that's how I got it confused!:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter