Cruise PhotoPass??

jnsma

Mouseketeer
Anyone know when or if the Disney cruises will do something similar to the photopass they have at the parks?

It seems like the parks are leading the way with this. The picture process on the cruise seems crazy to me. They are developing pictures that you have to find (granted, sometimes it is fun looking at everyone elses pictures) and then either buy or not. Also, there is no way to get a different size from what is put out, and I don't usually need that many 5x7 or 8x10s.
I'm sure they aren't losing money but it seems like the process of developing all those pictures and dealing with each person individually that wants to buy them is alot of overhead.

I've also seen at other non-Disney parks where they take digital pictures and you look at them on a monitor before ordering prints. This would save the developing cost and make the pictures available much quicker. But at the park in question does cause a massive crowds trying to look for their pictures at the end of the day. That shouldn't be a major problem for the cruise as people would hopefully not wait until the last morning.

At this point, I'd much perfer getting digital images if and when possible.

Before someone asks, PhotoPass is available at the WDW parks and it is all digital. You get a card from the photographer and they scan it before he takes the picture. The pictures are then available on-line for 30 days where you can edit, share with others and more importantly order prints, cards, albums.
Unfortunately, Disney does not let you download the pictures but you can get a CD so you have digital copies. The price for a CD is not cheap but I bet it is cheaper than some of the photo packages on the cruise.

Just curious,
Jeff.

On a DCL questionaire that I completed recently it was one of the questions, would you like it, I said YES.

They are considering it.

I would love it. You could use your room key for id for pictures onboard and then instead of having all the pictures hanging you could have kiosks that would show your pictures as well as " loose" pictures taken on port excusions and those other candids like the ones they took during the canal repo. since all the cameras used are digital you wouldn't have to print up the prints so that would save money on the ink and paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter