Cruise out of Miami

Huntfamily10

Earning My Ears
Good evening everyone! We just got back from the cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream! We LOVED the cruise, it was our first cruise ever. We want to go on the Caribbean Cruise, but I have concerns. Can anyone tell me about Cozumel? Would u get off the boat? Is it safe? Is it clean? We got off in Nassau and quickly retreated back to the boat.

It is safe, but they are also in your face to buy from them. Taxi usually drops you off at the end of the shopping area and you can walk the shops. A lot of jewelry stores as well. You will need to taxi back, too far of a walk. Try an excursion you may like that better.

Although our stops in Cozumel were on Carnival and not on Disney, where the ship docks is a port village. there is a Duty Free shop and then a village with shops that sell all kinds of things. The village is only accessible to the people who work there and the cruise ship guests, so i was not apprehensive about going off the ship.
We did NOT leave the port village. We have been there twice and did shore excursions both times as well.
THe first time was the Mayan Ruins of Tulum which is on the mainland and is a busride. We didn't experience any problems on that excursion or the other one which was a boatride to Isla Passion, which is a beautiful island beach that they film the Corona beer commercials.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! One more question, were there beaches worth going to close by? We wanted the kids to play around in the sand in Nassau, but there was so much glass IN the water and sand we thought it was best to go back on the ship. After stopping at Castaway Cay, I don't think anything else can compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!