Cruise on points question

dvc_bwv

Pooh Collector - BWV & VWL Member
If you have a cruise booked on points for a particular time and then DVC puts out a discount for the cruise for the same time you have booked (as they have posted on the DVC page now), can you get back the points that are over and above the discount DVC is offering? Does this make any sense to anyone? Or..would you have to cancel (if possible) and rebook to get the discount?

bwv_logo_trans.gif

Norma & Wayne

I would think you could do itbut only through the cancellation/rebooking mechanism and then you would have a downside. You could cancel the current ressie and then rebook the cruise using lower points. However, points once traded out of DVC stay out and can only be used for non-DVC reservations. In other words, the points you would have left over when you do that switch could not be used for a DVC resort and would have to be used by the end of the use year..

Thanks for your quick response. It confirms what we thought, but weren't sure of.

bwv_logo_trans.gif

Norma & Wayne

DVC, if you are cruising during fall fantasy you should be able to get a credit without having to rebook. At least I believe that other folks have reported that it wasn't a problem. Actually I believe they fix the point allotment automatically but call MS on Monday morning and check.

Kimberly-Lucas and Ripley's Mom

dvcjoke.gif
dvcis.gif

We were booked on the 7 day cruise with points for October 2001. It was 358 points. When I read about the Fall Fantasy promotion I called MS and asked if I would be getting points back because of the discount. She told me they did not automatically give you points back (though others have been told differently) because it was based on availability, but she would check for me.

There was availability, so she "rebooked" me and it went down to 290 points. I didn't have to pay the additional $75 fee because I wasn't changing dates. Also, the 68 points I am getting back are being returned to me as regular points, not exchange points.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter