Cruise Magnet graphics and links

DO you want to share Disney graphics text free for magnet use?

• Yes I am interested but I don't have any to share.

• Yes I am interested but no way am I sharing my private collection

• I would like to share but do not know how.

• I will post some later

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We get our magnetic sheets at Walmart, we put them in our deskjet printer, but only one at a time or they stick together. Then you print them as you would any other paper. They are magnet sheets coated with printer paper.

We always print a test run on normal paper first .
Edited to add: I have printed more than one magnet on each sheet, but they were small and fit on it at one printing, then I separate them with scissors.

These are used to discourage theft of door magnets andwere given to me by (I think) brooksfabfive :

RealMonsters.jpg

63925eye_on_you.jpg

63925Big_Mouse-med.jpg

HookSign-1.jpg

I have seen that thread, and you are right, it is a long one, but unless I missed it, I did not see where anyone actually explained the process of getting the image on to the magnetic paper. I found lots of links to graphics and suggestions on where to buy the magnetic paper, but again, have never seen anyone say just what the process is. The thread is so long, it could be I skipped over that page. :rotfl:

I just use 8.5 X 11 photo paper and then use magnetic tape (you can buy a role of magnetic tape at walmart) strips on the back. You can print photo quality and still retain the stiffness that you need ... as compared to regular paper. The higher the quality photo paper that you buy, generally the stiffer it will be, but even the lowest quality photo paper is plenty stiff enough.

I just use 8.5 X 11 photo paper and then use magnetic tape (you can buy a role of magnetic tape at walmart) strips on the back. You can print photo quality and still retain the stiffness that you need ... as compared to regular paper. The higher the quality photo paper that you buy, generally the stiffer it will be, but even the lowest quality photo paper is plenty stiff enough.
Thats a good idea.

I had not purchased any magnetic paper yet. I am still accumulating graphics and then I am going to get my ideas together. I have over a year before my cruise, but this is one thing I can start working on now, and it will help keep the "Magic" going while we wait, and wait and wait.

I like the using photo paper idea. I am sure that would give a glossy finish to the image, which I would really like.

Another option, in the past I have printed on card stock then laminated the picture with the magnet strips in the back.

DCL_3_copy.jpg

DD_POTC.JPG

I have made signs for our last four cruises multiplied by several rooms per cruise so I have made hundreds of signs. i have also done the ears and hats for the cabin number.

Rather than Magnetic paper I suggest using the photo paper as someone already did. It will save you money. I have access to a laminator so I laminate all my work and then use the magnet on a roll that I pick up at Michael's. I bring the roll and a scissor and do not even cut the magnet until I am on the ship.

I have also made color copies of some of my signs, laminated, then did the magnet thing on them.

It is not hard to print on the magnetic sheets, but I can buy a huge box of photo paper at BJ's for $20.00.

If you are doing T-shirts (transfer paper) that is when you will need to do something special.

Have fun making your signs.

I agree that using photo paper and laminating is easier than magnetic paper. BUT, IMO-only, magnetic sheets are harder to take off the door by kids just running by. True, they will come off but you have to stop and work a fingernail underneath (thus taking more time for someone to see). With all of the time we spend on these I want to make it as secure as possible without using the dreaded tape.

On another note: if anyone is interested in pix of the Magic (deck 9) early morning with no people, I can post those. DH took some one day.

I put our room number on all our signs. I have never had a problem at all with someone taking a sign. I have read of people who do, but I have never had a problem. I personalize them all with the date and the stateroom number so they would not do anyone much good...maybe that is why they are never taken.

And I have seen lots of kids run by, but usually stop and look at the door, but not mess with it other than to right a silly message on our message board. Nothing bad, just things goofy sayings.

But I will agree that a magnetic sign would be harder to remove then the laminated ones.

There are so many great ideas here. I was hoping someone could help me out with a birthday graphic for an adult/female. I've been looking around and haven't found anything that I particularly wanted to use. Thanks!

What are you looking for....or wanting to do (character and wording wise).

There are so many great ideas here. I was hoping someone could help me out with a birthday graphic for an adult/female. I've been looking around and haven't found anything that I particularly wanted to use. Thanks!

I agree that using photo paper and laminating is easier than magnetic paper. BUT, IMO-only, magnetic sheets are harder to take off the door by kids just running by. True, they will come off but you have to stop and work a fingernail underneath (thus taking more time for someone to see). With all of the time we spend on these I want to make it as secure as possible without using the dreaded tape.

On another note: if anyone is interested in pix of the Magic (deck 9) early morning with no people, I can post those. DH took some one day.

I would love to see them!
clipmickballoons.gif

Can you guys tell me, do you actually make the clip art? If so, is it hard and how do you do it?

Can you guys tell me, do you actually make the clip art? If so, is it hard and how do you do it?

I didn't make any of mine... I found them on the internet... by using Google AND some from other's on here that have shared in the past! :goodvibes

Mine is a collection, gathered here and there while web surfing, some of it found here on the DIS board.

Googles image search engine has some images but you have to wade patiently through tons of vacation photos to find Disney graphics.
allstarted.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much! I love all the graffics and can not wait to start making my signs for our cruise in Oct...

Heck I have already written down when My DH needs to shave, so I am truely in need of something to do other than planning :lmao:

I can't say it enough, I love all of these great graphics. Where do you guys find some of them? I'm looking but I'm not finding anything like some of these. Thanks again so much for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter