Cruise Food VS Disney World Food

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 61maris61, Aug 21, 2013.

1. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Oh I have to correct myself, Pizza at Via napoli is the best but I am comparing pizza on the ship to "fast food" type pizza.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Pizzafari isn't horrible... it's edible and even tasty but not better than Lugi's.

4. hobbes493

hobbes493 Earning My Ears

You stated in a separate post that you have never been to Olive Garden. How can you make a seemingly educated comparison to something that you have no personal experience with?

5. MISSREBECCA76

MISSREBECCA76 "Hello, My Name is Rebecca, and I have a Disney Pr

I never understand why people complain about DCL food. The variety and quality are excellent. While it might not be five star dining it is a few steps above a chain restaurant. The service is almost always terrific too. My only complaint is the lack of late night options. I wish they offered a small dessert buffet or something.
    I don't get what the fuss is about when it comes to Palo. We did brunch there on our last cruise and we were not impressed. The service & the view were wonderful the food was not.

6. Ccann

Ccann Mouseketeer

I love Olive Garden.....but it varies from place to place, there is one very close to my house but I will still drive further. It depends on the chef.. IMO...a great chef can make canned tomatoes taste fresh......I haven't had Palo would like to try it.... I love Italian there are some wonderful momma and pop shops I prefer over chains.....chains are fast and convenient.

I remembered the MDR and my husband not liking the steak... I asked him what does he expect? We're on a boat and our port is close to seafood....stick with the seafood. He is picky with his steaks because he grew up in Nebraska.... I thought the steak was fine not as tender but I really enjoyed the risotto dishes and the fish dishes . He compares everything to NE...drives me nuts because we live in KC...corn feed vs hay feed....

My son was a very very picky eater, he's just a picky eater now... But the MDRs we felt like our son ate more on the ship the whole 2 months prior. It was sad day for us parents when we came back home....

But to me anything eatable and I am not having to cook tastes good..... Lol...jk. I try not to have my hopes up about the food so when something surprises me I am WOW ed and not disappointed... (Not to be confused with expectations)

7. elleavon

elleavon Earning My Ears

I read all the food threads with great interest, because I love food! I am an amazing cook, if I do say so myself, and I enjoy a good meal out as well. From the finest dining, to a mom n pop food truck, I like to try it all. I see many posts comparing Disney food, whether WDW or DCL, to Applebee's and Olive Garden. From the context, it is apparent this is intended to be an insult. But I have had delicious and consistent meals from both chains, as well as at WDW. I expect I will eat many delicious things on my first (hopefully of many) Disney Cruise. I guess I'm a glass-half-full kind of lady, but I always find something to enjoy. And realistically, I'm at DISNEY, not having breakfast with the president. I have chosen this experience over others because of what Disney brings to the table. (Pun not intended, but noted!)