Cruise "Exhaustion"?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by OlivesMom, Jan 15, 2011.

1. OlivesMom

OlivesMom Mouseketeer

I'm pretty convinced that I need to book a cruise over spring break 2012. Afterwards, I will be driving 6+ hours home to Phoenix by myself. I did this 3 years ago when we went to DL for 6 days. Getting to DL was fine, getting home was a bigger challenge. Our DL vacation was the most exhausting vacation ever. I remember standing in line for the AAA early entry at 7:30 slamming a Dr. Pepper to try to wake-up (then getting sick after 3 rides in a row on Space Mountain).

I'm expecting a cruise to be less chaotic and more relaxing, so that a 6+ hour drive when we head home won't be so hard. If not, I may need to look at flying to LA (yuck). Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
    Julie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I could easily do a 6 hour drive after a DCL cruise.....everyone is off the ship by 9:00 but if you don't stay up too late the night before you should be fine.

MJ

4. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

We've done a 15½ hour drive home after a 7 night cruise. We'd be very happy to only have to drive 6 hours home after a cruise. You should be fine.

5. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

DW & I get off the boat about 9am, drive to DTD or one of the parks, Universal, etc.. until 3 or 4PM then drive 6.5 hours home to Atlanta with no worries.

6. AmandaRG

AmandaRG DCL is my happy place!!!

I'm just jealous that you are living in Phoenix! We hope to move there in the next few years, and LOVE that we could drive to DL or for a west coast Disney Cruise!

I hope you enjoy it!

7. LuvIt

LuvIt Mouseketeer

We'll be cruising in October 2011 and plan on driving back to the "Valley of the Sun" ;) on the Sunday that we'll arrive back at the L.A. port. Don't expect to be as exhausted after getting off a cruise as if we'd spent a day at Disneyland! Just make your last day on board a relaxing one and you can do the drive fine!
    On the other hand, we will drive over one day before the cruise leaves and spend the night near the port.