Cruise anyone???

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Okay, so I was seriously thinking about doing a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder before I met up with some friends in the Orlando airport in August. I checked the prices, and they were like $1800 USD for just myself to go on this cruise. Now, after conversion, we will say that the price is around $2400 Canandian. This does not include the airfare or anything else in my vacation, plus it was like in Catagory 11 room (the lowest you can go).
Anyways, my question is: have any of you gone on a cruise, and was a $2400 weekend worth it? honestly, I am just in shock at the prices. I know that Disney is generally more expensive than other vacation sites, but this just seems like out of the question. How can families afford to do this - especially coming from a country where the exchange rate is not to our advantage?
If you have gone on a Disney cruise, was the price comparable, and if you got a better deal, where did you get it? Has anyone ever seen a last minute deal for a disney cruise anywhere?

We just called and for 2 category 11 rooms in May it was 2150 US with all taxes etc I would call back again and see what they say

I had a cruise booked and had to cancel last year. However I found the best price by calling a Canadian Travel Agent. They book through a CDN wholesaler or tour operator and the prices were almost half of the cost booking thru WDW directly. I'm sure this may not always be the case but it is worth checking into.

We've gone on the 7 day Western cruise last October that we booked May 2002. We booked a cat 12 and it was around $1700US for the 2 of us. We have the 7 day Eastern booked for this October that we booked on board and it's a little cheaper at about $1500 US for the 2 of us for a cat. 11.

Disney doesn't usually have last minute deals but do give you a discount the further out you book them. They call it an early booking saving. So the trick with Disney is to book way far in advance. This year's cruise has gone up $800US since we booked it.

We've looked at the 3/4 day cruises and are amazed at how expensive they seem in comparison to the 7 day cruises.

You are looking to go in August which is still in the high season for price. It is always more expensive then. If you were going after the first of September you would find the prices to be quite a bit lower.

We booked a 4 day cruise leaving Jan 4/05 for $1485.00 USD for my husband, myself and our 17 year old daughter.

Also when you book as a single person the price is a lot higher than when you book as 2 people in a cabin. You pay a large premium to book a cabin for one.

We are going on the Wonder on May 2 - only 11 more days! Our price is:

Costco Travel (cruise only, no transfers, no ins.)

2 adults, 1 infant (taxes only), Cat 11 - $1118.00 USD

It depends on when you go, but there are lots of different offers avail. such as onboard credits, sales (check DCL website every Monday for new offers), early booking discounts, and rebates (Dreams Unlimited Travel).

Good luck, Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter