Cruise air?

Yes. It may cost you certain penalties and cancellation fees though.

We booked a package through AAA through Disney for 2009 and included the air, but then pulled the air out as we found cheaper fliights on our own and could pick our own flights. With air through Disney, they decide when you fly in and out, and it may not be a direct flight. They also charge a lot more (IMO) than what you can get on your own. If you use Disney air and want to make specific requests, that is an additional fee of $50 per person per request.

To me, that is CRAZY! Especially when we booked air on our own for a good rate (about 1/2 of what Disney was charging us) and my TA hadn't gotten my message that we were cancelling Disney air...she also got a message from the airline that we had booked flights AS WELL AS DISNEY in the same names, and which were correct.

SO...Disney was going to charge us $400 per person and what they paid was $220 (which is what we paid).

Long story short...I say book on your own for airfare!!!

As above, you can cancel your air as long as you do it before your penalty date. Do be aware that if you buy travel insurance thru DCL, only those items you book thru DCL are covered. Translation--you might want to buy travel insurance privately as well.

We've found much more flexibility as well as lower prices by booking air on our own. Of course, it doesn't help much when you choose an airline because they offer an evening flight...and then they cancel the evening flight!

Thanks for responding. we decided to book our own since we want to go a few days before.

That is a smart way to do it. You can usually find air much cheaper and more convenient when doing it on your own. Good luck and have fun!

I normally do my air on my own rather than having Disney do it the exception being the EBTA cruise I'm taking as I've never flown internationally before and figured it would be easier to just let Disney take care of it. But when just flying to Orlando and back I book my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter