CRT or 1900 Park Fare?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
I currently have an ADR for dinner at CRT. However, the reviews aren't that great. So now I'm thinking of maybe changing it to 1900 Park Fare. I've never ate at CRT. I wanted it mainly for my daughter. She is 5 and it's her and my DS3 first visit. I don't know what to do.

Could you fit both in? Don't give up your ADR just yet. I took my kids to CRT when they were 6 and 3 and it was magical because they got to meet so many princesses! The food was just so-so, but we didn't go for the food. That same trip, we went to dinner at 1900 PF and loved it. Again, the buffet was not that good but the kids just loved seeing Cinderella and her handsome prince. The stepmother and step sisters are hilarious and provided some of the best character pics of our whole trip.
We are returning in the fall and only have four days but now have three kids and want our daughter to have the same fun experiences so both of those meals are on our agenda.

Could you fit both in? Don't give up your ADR just yet. I took my kids to CRT when they were 6 and 3 and it was magical because they got to meet so many princesses! The food was just so-so, but we didn't go for the food. That same trip, we went to dinner at 1900 PF and loved it. Again, the buffet was not that good but the kids just loved seeing Cinderella and her handsome prince. The stepmother and step sisters are hilarious and provided some of the best character pics of our whole trip.
We are returning in the fall and only have four days but now have three kids and want our daughter to have the same fun experiences so both of those meals are on our agenda.
I really wish I could fit both in. If CRT wasn't 2 table credits I could. We have the dining plan and I'm already going to be paying out of pocket for a breakfast our last day because of CRT being 2! I have been to 1900 before but never CRT. I just thought CRT would be worth it for the atmosphere but I hear the food isn't great and the character interaction is horrible and rushed.

I was at crt in October. The food was good, Princess interaction awesome, and service excellent. Of the two, I would keep this one. Your little ones will love the Castle, even your son. We were three adult women, total princess junkies!! But I watched the characters with the youngsters, and it was great.

I also have to add that at dinner, we were not rushed. I wonder if breakfast is more rushed because of the sense of urgency to move folks out to the park

I haven't been to 1900 yet. We took our 2 DD's to CRT 3 yrs ago and it was a wonderful experience. Eating in the castle is magical and a must do in my opinion. Your kids will love it!!
We also did the princess lunch at akershus in Epcot that same trip and that was great too. But eating in the castle felt like a once in a lifetime experience.

I think it depends if you are looking for an ALL princess meal or just Cinderella? You can't beat eating in the castle.

It's sad CRT continues to go down hill every year. I miss the days of good meals there. 2011 was our last good dinner there.

CRT is a fun experience and eating in the castle is really cool if you haven't done it yet.

1900 PF has much better food. Personally I think 1900 PF has the best breakfast of any of the buffets and gives other TS a solid run for their money.

Just be prepared for the bad food and you'll enjoy CRT.

It's sad CRT continues to go down hill every year. I miss the days of good meals there. 2011 was our last good dinner there.

CRT is a fun experience and eating in the castle is really cool if you haven't done it yet.

1900 PF has much better food. Personally I think 1900 PF has the best breakfast of any of the buffets and gives other TS a solid run for their money.

Just be prepared for the bad food and you'll enjoy CRT.

LOL! Food is so subjective. I had dinner there in October with two of my friends. Neither had ever eaten in teh Castle, so this was a first. I had been twice, but just to lunch. I went in expecting to to be disappointed, but no! Every one of us enjoyed our meal, (I would have loved a glass of wine but that is another discussion). I cannot say that the meal itself was worth $75, but really we were also paying for those wandering Princesses.

I love 1900 PF, and have booked it for our upcoming trip, but if I could only pick one and was taking little girls, CRT would win, hands down.

I currently have an ADR for dinner at CRT. However, the reviews aren't that great. So now I'm thinking of maybe changing it to 1900 Park Fare. I've never ate at CRT. I wanted it mainly for my daughter. She is 5 and it's her and my DS3 first visit. I don't know what to do.
CRT - The room is amazing. And if your child enjoys Princesses, instead of Meet-n-Greets.....We have found the food to be better than most people mention. We would never be there for breakfast unless arriving to beat Rope Drop.

1900 - you have to like buffets. Food is very good, of course, with diversity of a buffet. Alice at breakfast, Lady Tremaine & Stepsisters at dinner.

So what you are choosing is between the proverbial 'apples and oranges':

- Food - buffet vs. table service
- Experience - Alice/Stepsisters vs. Princesses
- Cost - 1 vs. 2 Credits

If you've never been to CRT, and you have the extra Signature credit for the DDP, then I suggest CRT.

If you want different Characters and the diversity of a buffet (an the Grand Floridian is a lovely hotel to stroll for 30-60 minutes, or have a cocktail at Mizner's after 4pm), and half the cost for your meal, 1900.

I've eaten at both, and prefer CRT hands down.

CRT has a better ambiance and I love eating in the castle.
1900 felt more chaotic, and was stressful trying to get food at a buffet while keeping an eye on your table so you do not miss a character. We missed one and had to wait nearly 30-40 minutes for them to make their way back through.

We ate at CRT last year for dinner and we loved it. My girls (4 and 6) said it was their favorite meal of the trip. I thought the food was good and eating in the castle was a great experience. I am actually trying to decide about Be Our Guest vs. 1900 Park Fare. We aren't buffet fans, so that is making it a hard decision. We are eating another meal at BOG I am just trying to decide if I should switch one of our BOG meals to 1900 for the character experience. After eating dinner at Chef Mickey's last year, I was turned off by the buffets. We thought the food was terrible.

You could always try Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway(Epcot) with princesses, Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Ariel and Mary Poppins. I'm not sure how dinner is, have only had breakfast there. 1900 Park Fare is great! Same thing with CRT, have only had breakfast there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter