CRT Mania on 8/4

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
Can you imagine the chaos that will be going on the morning of 8/04/03 with all those CRT ressies going from a 60 day out to a 90 day out status. Not to mention all the 180 day folks. Wow! They are going to be jammed with a month worth of date seekers that morning. :eek:

Did they really think this though? Mickey

Tell Me!Tell Me!Tell Me all about it!
Is there a change? I didn't know anything about it!
callie

This is from Deb's website.

IMPORTANT CHANGES to the Priority Seating Policy!! Beginning August 4, the booking window for most WDW dining locations will be 180 days out for guests with a paid deposit on a Walt Disney Travel Company package and 90 days out for all other guests. The only exceptions to this will be specialized dining locations such as dinner shows, Lunch With a Disney Artist, Bistro de Paris, and Victoria & Alberts. A valid WDW Travel Company package booking number (with paid deposit) will be required when calling for a Priority Seating for more than 90 days out.

Thank you for the heads up!
callie

wow if they do that I will be in hog heaven - that gives someone booking at a resort just tons of extra stoke

Originally posted by nataliesdaddy
wow if they do that I will be in hog heaven - that gives someone booking at a resort just tons of extra stoke

Not necessarily. I have a room only reservation. I didn't need a package for this trip. Even though I will be staying onsite, I can't do the PS thing until 90 days. I think it stinks. Mickey

I think the real losers with the change in PS will be those working at WDWDINE on 8/4. As MickeySaver pointed out, there will be chaos, between lots of extra callers and lack of training and/or changing rules.

Other losers probably include the guidebook authors who are going to press already with the 2004 edition based on the old PS rules. I have noticed that most of the guidebooks (except Passporter) come out in the August or September.

The big winners at this point are those who booked FTP for dates after 11/2. They get to book PSs starting on 8/4 with less competition and they got great rates as well.

Other winners at this point are those going from 10/3 to 11/2 who have the time and patience to call on 8/4 and are savvy enough to know about the change. Imagine the luxury of being able to ask for multiple dates for CRT on a single phone call!

As I see it, this change is a marketing effort by WDW. If it backfires and cause cancellations instead of additional bookings, then it will change. If is doesn't add enough value to the WDTC packages to increase those bookings, again, it will change.

At least it is nice to see WDW making a change for something other than purely cost-cutting reasons!

Hope everyone has a wonderful trip and eats well! -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter