CRT Lunch or Dinner?

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Any reviews you care to share on the lunch or dinner? I was going to try for lunch since it is cheaper than dinner..is one better than the other? I saw a picture on another thread about the chocolate slipper dessert & now I have to go there! :)

The lunch is going to be changing to a character meal so I am guessing getting a table will be much harder to come by.

From allearsnet.com:
Character Cinderella's Royal Table Dine -- Beginning June 10, a new Character Lunch will debut at the Magic Kingdom! All your favorite princesses from breakfast will now be at the midday meal! The character lunch will feature family-style salad and dessert and the choice of five adult entrees or children's meals along with a nonalcoholic, non-specialty beverage. Lunch will be $23.99 for adults (12 and older) and $12.99 for children 3-11. A deposit of $10 per adult and $5 per child will be required (as is currently the case with breakfast).

As the lunch is right now...we have always had a great time and good food. I believe we will have dinner on our next trip (Jan) so we shall see how that is. Whatever you decide it is really neat eating in the castle! princess:

Colleen

Well unless you want to eat a character meal you have to do dinner after june 10th.

We love dinner here. It's a must do for us every trip. They have great service and awesome food. Also they have a new dessert for the celebration. It looks really good.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that change at CRT. We already have 1900PF with Cinderella & PSB planned so CRT would be princess overload..I'll have to pick somewhere else.

If you do dinner, there won't be any characters, except *maybe* one in the lobby to greet you, but not in the dining room.

We love dinner in the castle!

We had dinner at CRT May 7th and it was phenominal. We were on the Dining plan this is what our meal consisted of....

DD4 and I shared:
App-Ceaser Salad-Very Good
Entee-Prime Rib, end Cut---the best prime rib I have ever had, tons of flavor, horshradish cream sauce was so yummy! The mashed root vegestables were not so good, chunks of carrots-but im picky about potatoes!
The pretzel bread and honey mustard butter was very good, I was not going to try it but was glad I did.
Dessert- Cindercelebration Slipper-Was very good, it was more about the nastalgia of it, eating something so beautiful inside the castle. But it also tasted excellent.

DH had....
App.-Shrimp and Crab Eggrolls-He loved them, I snuck a taste they were very good.
Entree- Also had the Prime Rib, he does not like mashed potatoes so he was definitly wishing he had asked for fries with his. But other than that he loved it, He wished we were going back to the room so he could of saved all of his leftovers for a late night snack. Huge Portions!!!
Dessert- He was too full so he ordered the slipper just so DD4 could have her own, we knew she would not want to share such a neat looking dessert, we had the MYW dining so it was included anyways, if not I probable would not have spent that much on a dessert just for her too pick at, way too big for a 4 yr old to eat herself.

DD4 also had the Bibbity bobbity brew-Vanilla smoothie

Total Bill before MYW dining was $128.00

We used to TS meals and charged 3.50 to our room for DD4 special drink, it was supposed to be 8.50 but they only gave us a bill for 3.50, we think they just charged us for the collectors mug, and included the smoothee in the MYW dining.

Big Savings for us here using MYW--Also Cindy showed up while we were waiting to be seated and DD4 was the only little girl in the lobby so she spent 15 min with just her and Cindy, they Danced and played, taught DD how to courtssey(princess bow, Spelling bad).

Overall the best night on our trip, just sitting in the Castle looking out at the park was neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter