Crowds the week after Thanksgiving???

DisneyGirl4188

<font color=purple>Mike's Princess<br><font color=
What are the crowds like the week following Thanksgiving? My plan is to stay at my inlaws house (hour from WDW) from Thanksgiving (2006) until that Sunday (11/26). We would check into the hotel on 11/26 and stay until 12/01 or 12/02 then drive home.

I've read that crowds are really busy leading up to Thanksgiving and that weekend, but when do they die down? If they are still really busy then I will
wait until the following week.

Thanks!!!

In 2002, the crowds were noticeably lower from the Monday after thanksgiving...we experienced half of the week before Thxgiving, thxgiving week, and half the week after.

The week before was very very quiet
Thxgiving week was very very busy
The week after was quiet, but not as quiet as the week before thxgiving.

In 2000, we arrived the Monday after thanksgiving and there were very few crowds for the two weeks we were there, except for MGM and MK on a Saturday.... relative gridlock.

Its also very dry, only ever rained for one hour in the 28 days I've spent in Orlando!!

We checked in on Thanksgiving day last year. It was a zoo at the parks. By Sunday it was better, not terrific, but better. Every day that passed after that the crowds got smaller, until Wed., the day we left they were really small. You will find it pretty good if you go from Sunday until THurs. I arrive on Wed, Nov 30 and am looking forward to arriving that day rather than leaving on it!!!

We'll be there that week and one of the reasons I picked that week is because of the low crowds. According the the UG crowds will be a 4 which is the lowest rating they give. See you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter