Crowds - Monday, Feb. 22

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
Due to a stroke of good luck, it looks like a friend and I will be able to swing by Disneyland for one day on Monday, February 22. I'm guessing crowds will be relatively low, but I wanted to check in here and see if there's any reason this might be a crowded day. Our other option was the Friday before (2/19), but I assume crowds are worse on a Friday than on a Monday (in general).

I don't think it will be a ghost town - Monday's sound like they are busier than Tuesday or Wednesday due to long weekend type travel plans. Checking the historical crowds from last year - that same Monday was a 6 in DLR according to Touring Plans - they might not be great at predicting but they can certainly access what ended up happening.

It's the first day of the last AP Days week. I think you'll see a lot of people doing those events. Steer clear of the area near Bluesky Cellar for the first few hours of the day and the Opera House at noon and it will close early for the screenings. Stage 17 is pretty out of the way and avoidable.

Another quick question - what time should we get there if we want to be walking into the park right at 10am when it opens? We'll need to park in the garage & buy our two tickets.

We went on Monday Feb 1 and crowds and lines were moderate. Most FP had a 40 minute return time (except Space Mountain), which is great. We got there at Rope Drop and headed to Fantasyland and most of the rides weren't up yet. I'm not sure if that's typical for an off season day or due to the high winds the park felt the night before.

ETA - There's no reason to buy your tickets the morning of! Get them on-line the night before! Also, since the park opens at 10:00 that day the rope drop crowds will be heavy. I'd get to the garage at 9:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter