crowded???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by PistolPete, Oct 4, 2006.

1. PistolPete

PistolPete Mouseketeer

It seems like the week of December 3rd is going to be busy.

We have 3 rooms in POP but could only get 2 preferred. What's going on besides Pop Warner.

We've stayed this week every other year and there's no rooms at CR, BI, YC, BC for my parents. I'm ok with POP, I actually like it, but the 3rd room is for my parents and if they can't be in preferred, they wanted a deluxe.

I'm striking out.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ClareH37

ClareH37 DIS Veteran

There's also Mousefest, and I've also been told by a CM that there's an unusually high number of conventions that week, and also a major job fair at the Swan/Dolphin. If this is correct, hopefully the parks should not be too bad during the days.

4. 4theloveofdisney

4theloveofdisney Faith, Hope, Kindness, Patience, Mercy, Love...and

Also, the closer you get to Christmas, the higher the crowd levels.

5. deejohn

deejohn WDW is my Prozac

We stayed in CSR last year and were told that the bookings were up 40% from prior years. CM though it was due to the Value season rates being taken advantaged of.

This year their is Mousefest, Pop Warner, and 3 conventions (CSR, CR, and Swan). They also discounted the rooms for the this time period to increase bookings...it appearently worked.

I was origianlly booked at POP, but then changed my mind when I saw the boards go crazy with people going the 1st & 2nd week in Dec, so I wanted to upgrade to a MOD, but Disney Travel only had CBR open...EVERYTHING else was booked.

I really expect it to be crowed this year...hope I get a seat on the bus and can get into the parks!!!

6. PistolPete

PistolPete Mouseketeer

Yeah, but Mousefest is , what, Thursday-Sunday? 3 conventions, but that shouldn't cause this. I don't know. I see that there's room only discounts for the week before and the week after. I just picked wrong this year.