Crowd Predictor???

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Carlyzmom, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Carlyzmom

Carlyzmom <font color=red>AXIOM Crew Member<br><font color=p

Is there anything similar to the Disney Touring Plans that tells the crowd levels for Universal? We are planning on going on our next Disney trip for a couple days and I was wondering which days would be best.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ThrillSeekerUK

ThrillSeekerUK Earning My Ears

Think this is what you are looking for:

undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit.html

I'm interested in the logic behind it though, for example it shows Island's of Adventure as a Red park on Tuesdays throughout October (i.e. best to avoid) but a Green park on Wednesdays throughout October (i.e. best to visit).

I wonder why this would be, as I would expect most mid-week days in October to be quiter but it is clearly suggesting Tuesdays are not a good idea compared to Wednesdays - why?

4. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Your best bet would be to look at the Express calendar and see what the prices are for your dates. If they are high, expect higher crowds but cheaper passes mean lower crowds.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store/PurchaseTickets.aspx?ExpressPlus

5. ogreenlee

ogreenlee <font color=green>i surely didn't want to have to

Express Tickets go down on NYE. I figured it would be high. Hmmm...

6. rubybpc

rubybpc It's all about Disney

Oooh this is an interesting one. Prices for Express passes on Dec 21 are $56, and Dec 23rd are $70. YET, Undercover Tourist says that the crowds will be lighter on Sunday than on Friday!!:confused: What do I do????? This is VERY VERY important to my plans!!:sad1:

7. glocon

glocon DIS Veteran

If I had to pick one to believe- it would be UO with the prices for their EPs. They know best when to increase their prices for higher crowd levels and supply & demand. JMHO.

8. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

:thumbsup2

9. rubybpc

rubybpc It's all about Disney

:phew: I'm glad I had a plan A&B in my back pocket! I think I'm sticking to my original plan and gonna believe UO. Thanks a million for your help!!:thumbsup2