Crossing Gulf Stream on Western

DizMare

Mouseketeer
Hello, all!
On the Western, do you cross the Gulf Stream on the way to Key West, or after leaving Key West? Need to know when to take the bonine, as the Gulf Stream part is the only part that bothers me.
Thanks!

DizMare - You don't "cross" the Gulf Stream on the Western cruise. You go right down through it. I have same problem with GS. On our Western cruise I put my SeaBands on about 3Pm on Saturday and left them on until we got to Key West. Worked fine.

Hope this helps.

:)

Please explain this "rough water" and the gulf stream?????
Does the ride get rough??? Are the waves big??? Is this all the time or just sometimes??? We have only been on the 3 and 4 day cruises this is our first 7 day.
Thanks-Joan

The gulf stream is the ocean current. I read about it in an airplane magazine during our last flight. Since it is the main ocean current it is the roughest water and the section the cruise ships pass around Florida is the when the current is its fastest therefore the ships do a lot of rocking. It was interesting reading. Kathy

On th 7-day Eastern and both the 3 and 4 day (I believe- not totally sure) on the first night you cross the Gulf Stream. It is a current from the ocean crossing the bottom tip of Florida into the Gulf itself. The above cruises have to cross it at a right angle. It can get a little rough that first night depending on how agressive the current is.

We just got off the Western and there really isn't a fixed rough spot on that run as what was said above, you don't cross it, you ride with it.

thanks for the info...hopefully I'll be in bed while we're riding the current. really don't do well on the sea adn said I'd nerver cruise, but my kid wanted to so we did the 3 day then the 4 day and now I love it as long as the seas are smooth..........................
Joan

Thanks, Mark! Looks like I'll be able to drink wine with dinner (and stay awake, sans bonine!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter