Cross your heart we're going! Cross it!An Unexpected April Adventure! TR Started!!!!

Love all the AK pictures! I swear one of these times we are going to get close to the Tree of Life. Those carvings just look so cool! Can't wait to hear about your plans for this year:goodvibes

Love love love Animal Kingdom! Looking forward to your fun finds list. popcorn::

:laughing: Is that when Nick spritzed a passerby by mistake? Love all the Tree of Life pictures and the peeking out from behind the Animal Kingdom sign too. If you don't mind, I'm going to copy that and have my kids do it! :rotfl:

I have to admit, as the boys have gotten older the Easter Bunny brings 3 things.

Candy/Chocolate bunny
Money (change inside plastic easter eggs with the occasional dollar bill lol)
Books

I haven't done a THING for it yet but need to, typically I'm hitting the bookstore the day before!

AK is such a great park and I agree, no such thing as too many pictures!

Kind of funny about the snake fear....

Great AK pictures - there's no such thing as too many pictures of the tree. :goodvibes I'm on the fence about taking the train out to Rafiki's Planet Watch or Affection Section or whatever it's called... I think Zach might like some of the things out there, Alex not so much and he's scared to death of animals so the petting zoo would definitely be out!

Do you have a Target nearby? I bought two Phineas & Ferb t-shirts for Zach today at Target. I've seen bathing suits there too - but they were too big for Zach. They also have a lot of Club Penguin stuff. Toys R Us does too - I wish they'd come out with that new orange puffle! I thought they might release it in time for Easter sales, but no such luck...

Zach is getting some Club Penguin toys & books for Easter - I'm saving the DS game for right before we leave for our trip. Alex likes Yo Gabba Gabba lately... way too young for him, but it's what he likes right now so he's getting a couple of those toys/DVDs.

Hi Amy! No...unfortunately we don't have a Target or Toys R Us nearby.:sad2: I was able to pick up a Phineas and Ferb t-shirt for Noah yesterday at Walmart so I was very happy about that.:thumbsup2 I usually buy a lot of stuff online but for some reason got a late start this year and I'm not sure if I have enough time so I'll have to look around here and see what I can find.

I thought the train ride out to Rafiki's was really nice..very relaxing and you were able to see where they keep the animals at night which the boys enjoyed seeing. They had fun looking for the Hidden Mickey's when you first walked in and they liked the Affection Section. But, that's all we really stayed for...they weren't interested in seeing all the bugs on display or especially the huge snake as they walked in.:scared1: Unfortunately, I think we spent more time on the train than we did looking around.:sad2:

Yay for AK!! I love the African drum pictures...those drums always seem to draw my boys in as well! And I agree with Amy...NO such thing as too many pictures! (this coming from the girl who filled a 45 page scrapbook with pictures from a 3 day Vegas trip....ok, so I have a problem! at least I'm the first to admit it! LOL!)

Man, do I hear you about the Easter shopping! Try doing it for a 15 and almost 13 year old. At least Jonah is still easy! :rolleyes:

The boys love those drums in Africa!!! Nick just told me the other day...that he couldn't wait to play those drums again.;)

I'm the same way with pictures!!! I tend to take soooo many!! DH even asked me last trip if I was ever going to put the camera down...um probably not!:laughing:

Easter Shopping...:rolleyes:

Love all the AK pictures! I swear one of these times we are going to get close to the Tree of Life. Those carvings just look so cool! Can't wait to hear about your plans for this year:goodvibes

The carvings in the Tree of Life are sooo cool!:thumbsup2 We spent a lot of time just exploring the trails last April. I doubt we will have time this trip but at least I know I have a entire photo album to look through if I want to see them again!;)
Love love love Animal Kingdom! Looking forward to your fun finds list. popcorn::

Me too!! Hopefully, I'll get the list put together soon!!!:thumbsup2

:laughing: Is that when Nick spritzed a passerby by mistake? Love all the Tree of Life pictures and the peeking out from behind the Animal Kingdom sign too. If you don't mind, I'm going to copy that and have my kids do it! :rotfl:

You remembered...too funny!:laughing: Yes, that was just after he spritzed the passerby...and he was so embarrassed!:rotfl:

I didn't even realize that Nick was peeking out from behind the AK sign until I got our pictures back...silly boy!! It worked out though...because now it's one of my favorite AK pictures...now I just need to get Noah to join him this year!:thumbsup2

I have to admit, as the boys have gotten older the Easter Bunny brings 3 things.

Candy/Chocolate bunny
Money (change inside plastic easter eggs with the occasional dollar bill lol)
Books

I haven't done a THING for it yet but need to, typically I'm hitting the bookstore the day before!

AK is such a great park and I agree, no such thing as too many pictures!

Kind of funny about the snake fear....

We do the money inside the plastic eggs too. (change and a few dollar bills thrown in.)

Hmmm...thanks for mentioning the books! That's one thing I haven't picked up yet!:goodvibes

Well, I hadn't planned to do another update today since I just did one yesterday but then I realized that next Friday will start our 10 day countdown!!!:woohoo: Since I have been so inspired from other DISers doing Top 10 lists on their PTR, I thought I would give it a try too! So starting next Friday I will be counting down with our favorite attractions, snacks, food, shows and whatever else I can think of in WDW.:thumbsup2

So, I thought I better finish sharing our plans since I also want to share--

* Characters we want to find!
* Fun Finds (things we will be on the look out for in the parks ex. Hidden Mickey's etc.)
* To do list (yes..still)
* Top Ten things we are looking most forward to this trip!! (to go along with our top 10 favorite moments from past trips)

Whew!! So quite a bit still, since I only have about a week to do it! So let's get on with the update shall we?

Day 5--April 16 Animal Kingdom Day (last day:sad1:)

We're hoping to wake up early this last day, not that it will be a problem since the boys are always up at the crack of dawn. :rolleyes: I'll probably rush around to get everything all packed up. (yes..I'm one of those..who save it to the last minute.:rolleyes1) But this trip, I may use Mickey Mom's suggestion and pack up a little each day or at least I will try to!! We'll see how it goes.

Anyways, once we are packed up and ready to go, we'll drop our luggage off and head to Animal Kingdom!:woohoo: We hope to arrive before opening. We've never done this before usually we don't get there until after 10:30..last year we did arrive just after 9:00am. Is there some kind of show before the park opens like at Magic Kingdom? I can't remember?

The plans

-Head through the Oasis to Discovery Island, get photopass picture taken!
-Head back to Africa for our Tusker House Breakfast!!! YAY!
-After breakfast, ride Killimanjaro Safaris (will use FP if need to)
-Head over to Asia to ride EE and Kali (FP)
-Dinosaur???(FP)
-Primeval Whirl? (the boys like it!:rolleyes:)
-ck times for Finding Nemo the Musical
-Head back over to Camp Minnie Mickey to watch FOTLK and to do character trails.
-Head back to Pop (we need to be on DME by 4:00pm:sad2:)

These plans may change depending on when we finish breakfast,or what times the shows are. We may need to skip Nemo this trip--I'm hoping we can fit it in though. Oh..we are finally going to try and squeeze in a Turkey leg snack break!! Nick has been asking to try one since our first trip and for some reason we have never gotten around to it.:confused3

So, how do the plans look? Should we do FOTLK before we head over to Asia....hmm...is there any advantage to going to an earlier show? It would probably be the 11:00 one?

:flower3:

Looks like a fun day! There is a brief opening show at AK, but it's not near as elaborate as Magic Kingdom. It's more like the one at DS. The characters come out on a float and do a little spiel. We saw it back in Nov. 2006, but haven't seen it since. Last trip we were there by rope drop but too far back to see anything. The advantage to the early FOTLK show is you probably won't have to wait in line. You can usually just walk into that 1st show. I think later shows you may have to line up for depending on crowds.

Looks like a fun day! There is a brief opening show at AK, but it's not near as elaborate as Magic Kingdom. It's more like the one at DS. The characters come out on a float and do a little spiel. We saw it back in Nov. 2006, but haven't seen it since. Last trip we were there by rope drop but too far back to see anything. The advantage to the early FOTLK show is you probably won't have to wait in line. You can usually just walk into that 1st show. I think later shows you may have to line up for depending on crowds.

Thanks!:goodvibes I thought I had read something about an opening show at AK but I couldn't remember.

Hmm...not having to line up early for FOTLK sounds good! Maybe we will check into an earlier show?:confused3

Your plans look good. Just one thing...are you sure you want to get soaking wet on Kali before you fly home?? LOL!

We've done FOTLK in the afternoon and during late EMH. We've never done it early in the day...not sure if there is an advantage or not!

Your plans look good. Just one thing...are you sure you want to get soaking wet on Kali before you fly home?? LOL!

We've done FOTLK in the afternoon and during late EMH. We've never done it early in the day...not sure if there is an advantage or not!

Good point on Kali!!..and something I have thought about a lot!! Since we can't change our AK day and Kali is high on the boys to do list..these are my options.;)
1. Hope and pray we don't get soaked!!:lmao:
2. Talk the boys out of riding Kali:rolleyes1
3. Wear Ponchos!!:thumbsup2

Either way we plan to change when we get back to Pop probably into some jeans to prepare ourselves when we arrive back in Syracuse. Last year we forgot and it was freezing!!:eek:

Hi Everyone!! I'm so excited and I just need to share that......

we

only

have

:dancer:15 days left!!!:dancer:
:jumping1:
:ccat::donald::sulley::tigger::hmghost::mickeyjum::figment::dumbo::stitch:

I wish my ticker counted the same way I do:laughing: (who counts today?...because...well it's today.;))

Have a great weekend!!!:goodvibes

Hi Everyone!! I'm so excited and I just need to share that......

we

only

have

:dancer:15 days left!!!:dancer:
:jumping1:
:ccat::donald::sulley::tigger::hmghost::mickeyjum::figment::dumbo::stitch:

I wish my ticker counted the same way I do:laughing: (who counts today?...because...well it's today.;))

Have a great weekend!!!:goodvibes

WOO HOO!!! Still have you beat though, only 9 for us! ;) Ahhhh so close now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter