Cross your heart we're going! Cross it!An Unexpected April Adventure! TR Started!!!!

your blankets are adorable! Evan "accidentally" did a second GAD shift on Thursday . My sister and her kids were volunteering at Food Lifeline and he decided to join them, apparently it was a GAD day. He had a blast and he came home with a sheet saying the 18 volunteers had repacked 3,660 lb of food in 3 hours, providing 2,859 meals.

The sheet said Give a day get a day at the top so he of course was over the moon thinking that meant he got another voucher.

:rotfl:

Um no buddy, you already got yours! But still, so very cool that they are doing this and the extra volunteers are so welcome, I know 4H was just thrilled to have us there and it was a very fun day.

Very cute blankets! Sounds like a fun project for a good cause. :thumbsup2

Love the blankets! It looks like your kids enjoyed making them too:goodvibes

Thanks!!:goodvibes They really did!! I thought for sure they would get bored right away....but nope they had a lot of fun!!

Looks like you GAD project was a success!! Which Project Linus did you sign up for? My friend has been trying to find one, but the only one she could find was something like 3 blankets per person and it was getting too expensive for her family.

It was a great success!!!:) When I went on the GAD site and typed in our zip code the National Headquarters address came up because there wasn't a local chapter near us. They sent me the info--only 1 blanket per person and for the fleece blankets you could do either single or double. The National Headquarters is located in Normal, IL so maybe if your friend typed that in the search box it would bring it up for her also. I just scrolled down to the bottom of the page for additional opportunities from the HandsOn Network. Hope this helps!!!:goodvibes

your blankets are adorable! Evan "accidentally" did a second GAD shift on Thursday . My sister and her kids were volunteering at Food Lifeline and he decided to join them, apparently it was a GAD day. He had a blast and he came home with a sheet saying the 18 volunteers had repacked 3,660 lb of food in 3 hours, providing 2,859 meals.

The sheet said Give a day get a day at the top so he of course was over the moon thinking that meant he got another voucher.

:rotfl:

Um no buddy, you already got yours! But still, so very cool that they are doing this and the extra volunteers are so welcome, I know 4H was just thrilled to have us there and it was a very fun day.

Ahhh...sooo cute that Evan "accidentally" volunteered at Food Lifeline and thought he might get another voucher.:rotfl:

Good for him for helping though!! That's wonderful and even better that he had such a great time doing it!! :thumbsup2

Very cute blankets! Sounds like a fun project for a good cause. :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I let the boys pick out the material, which is why there was more for boys (I had to talk them into picking out at least one for a girl;))

Hi Everyone!! Hope you had a great weekend!!!:) Thanks for all the compliments on the blankets!!:grouphug:I sent them out this morning so hopefully they will get them very soon!

I had planned to get another update posted today. (Epcot--Looking Back 2009) But, I don't think I'm going to get a chance to get the pictures uploaded today.:sad2: Hopefully tomorrow!!:thumbsup2 I have a lot of school work to catch up on from the boys being at home last week and of course being sick all week. This semester, I am taking the majority of my classes online. Which is really great since I am able to be here to bring and pick up the boys from school everyday. It's been really working out, however I just discovered last night that the bookstore that I ordered my Wellness book from a few weeks ago sent me the wrong book!:rolleyes: You're probably wondering why I didn't notice before now.....well they sent me a Wellness book for the same course but it's offered in different versions per the instructor. I was sent the other instructors book. This has caused a lot of confusion on my part because even though the books are similar they don't have all the same information, so I have been struggling trying to understand why I couldn't find the information that I needed for my papers and tests. UGH!! Luckily, I got it all straightened out--the right book is on it's way and my instructor is letting me retake my tests!! YAY! I'm so relieved!

So, between the blankets on Saturday and the school drama yesterday:rolleyes: that was my weekend.

Oh almost forgot!!! I paid off our trip yesterday!!!!!:woohoo::yay::yay::woohoo: Nothing like waiting until the last minute since it's due Friday!:rolleyes1

First off, glad that you are all feeling better. Second, the blankets are adorable and your boys looked as cute as ever while making them.

I am sure you were as frustrated as heck when you realized you had the wrong book. I order a lot of Lacey's college course books from Amazon.

And, last but certainly not least, :dance3::yay::woohoo::cool1: for paying off your trip!

Whew! Thank heavens you had an understanding instructor.

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Trip paid off dance!!!!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Oh I know!!! I was sooooo relieved!!!:thumbsup2

:laughing: Thanks for the trip paid off dance!!!!!:woohoo:

First off, glad that you are all feeling better. Second, the blankets are adorable and your boys looked as cute as ever while making them.

I am sure you were as frustrated as heck when you realized you had the wrong book. I order a lot of Lacey's college course books from Amazon.

And, last but certainly not least, :dance3::yay::woohoo::cool1: for paying off your trip!

Hi Lisa!!:goodvibes

I'm slowly making my way over to all the PTR/TR's I'm reading....hoping I can get caught up on yours sometime today. (I know must be way behind.:sad2:)

Ahh...thanks on the blankets! I was really surprised how much the boys enjoyed making them.

Yes! Definitely frustrated and a little embarrassed since when I have been participating in discussions, I have been quoting information from the wrong book.:rolleyes: Oh well...funny thing is I ordered the book right through the college bookstore. They've been really good though--they called twice this morning to apologize and are sending the book out right away so I should have it in a couple days!! WHEW!!

YAY! So happy to have the trip finally paid off!!!!! Your trip is coming right up pretty quickly too!!! You all must be getting soooo excited,especially your mom!!!:woohoo:
Paying off the trip is the BEST feeling!

So true!!!!;)

Yeah for AK Angie!!:banana::cool1: We love that park and awesome about the Safari Breakfast too!!!! We are excited about that one as well!! The blankets turned out great! The boys should be very proud of what they did!!! Also, that's great that your trip is paid off!!! I paid ours off early and it's the best feeling ever!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

First..an ALL PAID OFF dance is in order!

:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::dance3::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Second....adorable blankets!! Way to think of an awesome way to be able to add AK!! :thumbsup2

I hope you are feeling better and recovering from the boys being home all week...I know I'm trying to!! I was so glad to see that school bus today! I love breaks and being able to hang out together, but it's nice to have them back at school so I can get my agenda back on track!

Yay for paying off your trip!! :banana::banana::banana:

Last year when we stayed at CBR, DH's bonus was paid on THE DAY our payoff was due! :eek: Didn't plan it that way, but luckily it worked out.

Yeah for AK Angie!!:banana::cool1: We love that park and awesome about the Safari Breakfast too!!!! We are excited about that one as well!! The blankets turned out great! The boys should be very proud of what they did!!! Also, that's great that your trip is paid off!!! I paid ours off early and it's the best feeling ever!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi Beth!!:goodvibes

We're sooo excited that we can go to AK now!! Can't wait until the Safari Breakfast!! I've heard lots of great things about it!!!:thumbsup2 I'm so happy the trip is finally paid off!!! YAY! for paying yours off early!!!:yay::yay:

First..an ALL PAID OFF dance is in order!

:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::dance3::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Second....adorable blankets!! Way to think of an awesome way to be able to add AK!! :thumbsup2

I hope you are feeling better and recovering from the boys being home all week...I know I'm trying to!! I was so glad to see that school bus today! I love breaks and being able to hang out together, but it's nice to have them back at school so I can get my agenda back on track!

Hi Missy!!:goodvibes

Thanks!! Everyone is feeling better and I'm finally starting to get things back in order. ;) Love spending time with the boys but boy did I enjoy getting back to my regular routine. (not to mention the house stayed nice and clean the whole day....ahhh...it was wonderful!!:laughing:)

So happy we can add on AK now!! Now, that I've figured that out....I need to figure out how to make DHS work???:rolleyes1

Yay for paying off your trip!! :banana::banana::banana:

Last year when we stayed at CBR, DH's bonus was paid on THE DAY our payoff was due! :eek: Didn't plan it that way, but luckily it worked out.

Thanks Amy!!!:goodvibes It's great to have it paid off!!!:thumbsup2 I was just thinking today...that last trip we cut it closer than this even--maybe paying it off the day before. :confused3 Ahh..I guess it doesn't matter as long as gets paid!!!;)

Now, I'm just waiting on my maps and hopefully in a couple weeks we should be getting our DME stuff in the mail!!!:woohoo:

Good Morning Everyone!! I just realized this morning that we only have 6 weeks left and we will be at Disney!!!:woohoo: I really need to get on with these plans...so, today I'm going to do Epcot looking back and looking forward. Photobucket is finally cooperating so here we go!!!:rolleyes:

We were lucky enough to be able to go to Epcot twice last year, in April during the F&G Festival and again in August. Both trips were great but for very different reasons! As you know in April it was because of the festival but in August it was because we were able to spend some time with family and it was sooooo much fun! My mom fell in love with Soarin':lovestruc, Dad loved Test Track:thumbsup2 and my brother declared Epcot his favorite park of the trip! YAY!!

So, anyway are a few pics from last year's visit to Epcot!

April 2009
100_0467.jpg

100_0502-2.jpg

100_0468-1.jpg

100_0514.jpg

August 2009

100_1472.jpg

(Mom and Me:))
100_1479.jpg

(Grammie and Papa w/ the boys!!)
100_1496.jpg

ImportedPhotos00237.jpg

The whole crew;)
100_1562.jpg

They were both such wonderful trips!! Now...that we have looked back. Lets finally look ahead!!!!!

Continued on next post---Looking ahead...Epcot Touring Plans

Day 2 Epcot-Tuesday!

100_1460.jpg

We have decided to start this morning very early!! Again, for those of you who have read my previous TR's you may remember that we are very early risers!! Epcot has EMH this morning, which we are so excited about. We did morning EMH last August and the park was empty and seeing the sun come up over Spaceship Earth was really beautiful!!

This is what I have for plans so far--

-Grab a quick breakfast at Pop (use snack credits for some muffins and fruit)
-Try to be on the Epcot bus around 7:30am or so?
-Ride Spaceship Earth first (I think) Why?
1. DH and boys have never went on it! So it will be new for them!
2. We won't have to back track later.
-After Spaceship Earth, we're hoping to head right to Test Track and ride Stand-by
-Not sure what time it will be at this point but I'm figuring close to 9:00am.
-Run and grab fastpasses for Soarin'
-Meet the boys back at the Character Spot for pictures with the characters!! YAY! We've never done this before and I've heard if you go first thing in the morning you get great interaction with the characters!!
-Head over to Nemo and Turtle Talk w/ Crush. (we missed it in August so hoping to catch it this trip!) We probably won't explore the pavilion this time.
-Head over to ride Living w/ the Land (one of our favorites) watch the Circle of Life and ride Soarin'.
-Lunch at Sunshine Seasons
-After lunch see Figment
-Kim Possible!! (our first time doing this and we are very excited!!) I think I read that you can pick up fastpasses at Innoventions? (is this true?)
-Head back to Pop (swim/relax)
- Early Dinner at the WS (CS we're thinking Lotus Blossom...I read somewhere that the Mexico CS will be closed during our visit) Anyone else hear this?
-Explore more of WS
-We hope to do: (wishlist)
-Ride Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico (Noah's favorite)
-Ride Maelstrom (first time)
-See Juggler (Italy?)
-See Acrobats (China)
-Miniature Train Village (Germany)
-Candy Lady (Japan)
-Do Kidcot

-And finally see Illuminations!!! We can't wait for this!! It will be another first for us!!!

Obviously, we know we may not be able to fit everything in, especially since we want to look around at all the toparies in the F&G Festival.( especially excited for the Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden and the Butterfly Garden!!:thumbsup2 But I think it's a good start! I'm planning to ask the boys what is their don't want to miss rides (I'm assuming they will say Test Track and Soarin';)) As long as we definitely hit those we'll be fine!!:laughing:

Well...these are the plans!! What you think?

Up Next--Shopping goodies and more movie trivia!!!

Sounds like a super fun day! I'm pretty sure they have Kim Possible things in Innoventions and I know they have a kiosk on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase. You might want to save the Kim Possible thing until after you get back from break because it could be a long walk to your country and back (depending on which country you get.) You could get your fastpass before you leave and then pick up your Kimmunicator as soon as you arrive back after your break. Then you might have time to do several missions if you like them. (You can take breaks in between missions for ride or to eat or whatever.)

Love this picture! I don't know how, but after several visits during the F&G Festival, we've never come across one of these play areas... :confused3 It will be on my "must-do" list this year!

Your plans for this year look great! :thumbsup2

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Kim Possible FPs are separate from regular FPs so you can pick those up whenever you want to & it won't effect your ability to get other FPs.

I poked around a bit and found this - it's some really good info about Kim Possible:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kimpossible/

We'll definitely be doing more missions this year! :cool1:

Oh I'm excited you get to see Illuminations for the first time! Enjoy it!! It's one of my favorite shows...and in case you never knew the story behind it (from Wikipedia):
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is split into three acts:

Act I: Chaos. Chaos represents the creation of the planet Earth from a cosmic event. (This part uses the Inferno Barge.)
Act II: Order. The Earth Globe appears. As the Earth cools, it changes from hot white to red to blue. Images appear on the Globe of countries, famous places, objects, and people. Chaos turns to Order.
Act III: Meaning. The Earth Globe opens revealing a torch and 1,000 white fireworks are ignited. The final loud fireworks explode with a white flash and end with a loud crackle.

I always thought the meaning behind the show made it a bit more special :)

Hi Angie!

Ahh...Epcot...my favorite park! :cloud9:

Yes...you can pick up KimPossible FPs in Innoventions. We did in April and it worked out great!

Glad to see we're not the only family that enjoys Living with the Land. It's a must do for us!

We've never done the character spot at Epcot....I hope the lines aren't too long for you. Hitting it early sounds like a good idea!

What...no stop at Club Cool???? :confused3

Your boys will love Turtle Talk with Crush. It makes me giggle every time! :laughing:

Your plans look great! As others have said you can pick up the "Fastpasses" for Kim Possible at Innoventions and there's also a kiosk on that walkway between Future World and World Showcase.

You know I am excited for the F&GF too...I even saw there is going to be a Princess and the Frog garden! The only disappointing part is that it said it's going to be cutouts instead of topiaries. :sad2:

Bring on the trivia. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter