Cross your heart we're going! Cross it!An Unexpected April Adventure! TR Started!!!!

First off, I love the countdown calendar. Super cute! I think I'm going to "borrow" your idea and add trivia questions to our countdown calendar this year.

As far as adding the other two parks, if it were me, I'd do it. I don't think I could go to Disney for four days and not at least try to see all four parks. But, that's just me.

AMAZING countdown calendar....I LOVE IT!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'd say as far as the extra park days go....you need to just decide what your family can handle. We are "go-all-in" vacationers...we go from early morning till late at night and, for the most part, my boys can hang. So...for us, I think we'd try to do as much as possible. It's easier with older kids because the nap/bed time issue is really not a problem. But...if you are the kind of vacationers that like to relax, sleep in, chill by the pool...you will miss that if you add the extra days.

I'll be here waiting to see what you decide! And how many times you change your mind! :lmao:

Thanks Missy!!:thumbsup2

Well....we've always tried to be the relaxing vacationer....to a point. As you know from my last 2 TR's we are very early risers, so no sleeping in for us. But, we do try to come back to the hotel for a couple hours in the afternoon for a rest and a swim. As far as staying up late...with getting up sooooo early it's not possible. The boys are usually ready for bed by 10:00pm. I think adding the extra park on our last day would be very doable...but I'm not sure about our first night.:confused3

Hi Angie,

I'm finallly all caught up! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun planning :thumbsup2 The plans sound great, I totally get why you have the urge to add AK to your last day, especially if you can take advantage of the give-a-day get-a-day. Whenever I plan out potential future trips I always start out with a take it easy approach, but then think well if added this it would be fun, and so would this and all of a sudden its a jam-packed trip :rolleyes1 (my DH does not understand my compulsion to plan a potential trip that is almost 2 years away!).

Ella was looking over my shoulder and saw the pic of your countdown calendar - she was very impressed, its much cooler than the simple paper chain we used last year!

To back up to a much earlier conversation, I'll weigh in with our CS experiences at in MK and Epcot:
We ate at Lotus Blossum Cafe (China) and would definitely recommend it. The girls both had drumsticks that came with rice. Just discussing it now, we think there was a sauce on the drumsticks that we ended up scraping off but other than that it was very good. E had the Beef Noodle Soup Bowl and I had the Shrimp Fried Rice with Egg Roll. Both were very good and not too exotic ;)
We also did the CS in Mexico. The desserts were yummy but the meal was just OK. I think we mostly had quesadillas as we aren't big fans of fried beans/black beans either and they were pretty plain, just chicken and cheese - we're used to having them with sweet peppers or tomatoes in them.
At MK we ate at Cosmic Ray's and Pinochio Hause. Both were OK but not outstanding.

Interested to see what you decide about DHS and AK :)

Hi Lara!!

It looks like the Give a Day promotion is a go! :woohoo: I signed us up yesterday!! (I'll update more about this week:)) The take it easy approach sounds just like me!! I try...I really do! But, then like you I think well...maybe we could squeeze this in here and do that there. :laughing: Oh...I can definitely understand planning a potential trip that's 2 years away!!!:thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear good things about the Lotus Blossom Cafe!! After looking at all our choices. It seems to be the one CS place I know that we would all enjoy most. (I think read somewhere that the CS in Mexico was going to closed during our trip....hmm...I'll have to look into that!:confused3 )

We are also thinking about going to Cosmic Ray's. I'm not sure about the whole ordering from different stations though. I know from experience when we are at Pop...everyone always wants completely different things and by the time we get back to the table everything is barely warm.:rolleyes:That's why I usually stick with eating a salad at Pop!!;)

Hopefully, I'll have a definite decision about DHS this week?????:)

First off, I love the countdown calendar. Super cute! I think I'm going to "borrow" your idea and add trivia questions to our countdown calendar this year.

As far as adding the other two parks, if it were me, I'd do it. I don't think I could go to Disney for four days and not at least try to see all four parks. But, that's just me.

Thanks!!:goodvibes The calendar was very fun to make!! To be honest though....I'm not quite finished yet.:rolleyes1 I've got the trivia questions done for this week but I still need to think of a ton more. I've been using our Disney Scene it game. It's been very helpful!!:thumbsup2

Right now, it looks like going to AK on our last day is a sure thing. But...DHS? I'd hate to miss it again this trip.:sad2: However, I'm not sure when to fit it in. There's no way of talking the boys out of the waterpark or Disney Quest. I've put them off long enough. The first night is an option just not sure how tired we are going to be.:confused:

Hi Everyone!!!:wave2: Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. The boys are on their mid-winter break so it's been a little bit harder to get on the computer. (especially since they always want to be on it!!!:rolleyes:)Anyways, I thought I would post a quick update while they are watching a movie!!:thumbsup2

As you all know, we've been thinking about adding the other parks when we go back in April. The original plan was to only do 2 parks (MK and Epcot) and we have added the waterpark and more option so we can visit TL or BB and then Disney Quest. Since we are only going for 5 days, we figured adding AK and or DHS would be too much....but also it had a lot to do with our budget. (I've been really trying to stay within a certain amount for this trip.) Well, I started trying to figure out how to do the other parks?? I mean...we had our whole last day since we don't technically need to be on the DME bus until around 4:00pm. But..the budget wouldn't really allow for the change. I thought about canceling Ohana's to pick up some of the expense....but we really wanted to do one sit-down meal this trip!

Sooooo....as I was trying to figure out a way to make it work. A couple fellow disers reminded me of the Give a Day Program. I really wanted to participate and have been looking for something close enough so we could volunteer however the closest opportunities were 2-3 hours away. I had all but given up hope when the suggestion of Project Linus was mentioned!!!:woohoo: Unfortunately, the local chapter in our area is not participating...but...we can do it for the National Chapter and just mail them in when we are done.YAY!!

I signed up on Sunday and received an email almost immediately telling me what we had to do. We are required to send in 4 blankets (one from each family member) We have decided to do the fleece tie blankets and are so excited. DH has Saturday off so we figure we will make a day of it, watch a Disney movie (for our weekly Disney movie night) and get the blankets finished and sent out by the beginning of next week. We need to submit pictures of all of us working on them. So once we get them all done, I will share the pictures with all of you. Yesterday, we went to Joann Fabrics to pick out the material. We all chose what we liked best--I think they are going to turn out really cute!!!

What does this meaning for our vacation?? Well...it means that now we can add on an extra park for our last day!! YAY!:yay: What park do you ask? Animal Kingdom!! So excited! (we let the boys choose!!) As of right now, the plan is to still relax on the first day and then do Epcot, Waterpark, Disney Quest, MK, and now AK. It doesn't mean that DHS is entirely out...it just means depending on how we feel when we arrive we may still decide to go especially since it's EMH that night. The best part...we didn't have to give up our sit down meal to go to AK. But...it does mean we had to give up Ohana's :sad2: (which I love!!) We wanted someplace much closer to AK so we were not spending all morning on the Disney buses and less time in the park. The question now is...where did we choose to eat that morning?

WooHoo! I'm sooooo excited for you guys! You get to do something nice for someone else AND you get an extra day in Disney!:dance3:

That is awesome! The hubby and I were just talking about the Give a Day, Get a Day program over the weekend. Demetri's too young for it (you have to be at least six) but we got some Canadian info and I think we're going to do it if we can. :banana: Can't wait to see your pictures. :woohoo: AK is in!

I'm glad Project Linus worked for you. We made blankets this past weekend as well so we can get that credit towards our next trip. Do you know you can use the voucher towards your Magic Your Way tickets? Then you would actually get three water parks and more visits! You use the voucher first and then take it to guest services to upgrade to the ticket you want. They then apply the value of the voucher (I think it's $79) to your Magic Your Way tickets. And my suggestion for where to eat breakfast on your Animal Kingdom day is Tusker House. They have a yummy character breakfast.

Oh! Wait, I thought you'd already made up your mind on the TS and wanted us to guess. :laughing:

I couldn't remember if it was Boma you went to?? I haven't been to Tusker House but I've heard great stuff about their breakfast too.

I'm guessing Tusker House!

And YAY for project Linus working out. I need to mention the Give a Day to Sandie, Doug and Paul and maybe see if K & T could do Project Linus since they didn't get to do it with us. I am not sure if the kids can do it on their own though but maybe if Sandie was signed up as the adult?

I'm not sure if it'd be worth it for them or not as right now we have hoppers on our package but if we don't get free dining we might change the packages up a bit anyways and then it might make quite a bit of sense.

There is always the FP option too.

I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Woo hoo, glad you get to do AK now! :banana:

I still want to do the Give a Day Get a Day too. Though it seems like everything around here requires some sort of training, like they want you to volunteer more than just one day (not that there is anything wrong with that). Who knows what'll happen. Guess I'll just have to keep checking the website.

Yay for adding Animal Kingdom!! :banana:

I was going to mention how you could use your free GAD ticket to upgrade to multi-day MYW tickets, but you probably have the package tickets that you got with your room... or do you have a room only ressie??

Are you just going to use the GAD ticket for a one day ticket on the last day? How much more would that add to your package if you did it that way?? The FP option sounds like a great deal too! :thumbsup2

WooHoo! I'm sooooo excited for you guys! You get to do something nice for someone else AND you get an extra day in Disney!:dance3:

Yay!! I know...we are soooo excited!! It's so wonderful knowing that we can help someone who really needs it plus we get to add an extra park!!!:yay::yay::yay:

That is awesome! The hubby and I were just talking about the Give a Day, Get a Day program over the weekend. Demetri's too young for it (you have to be at least six) but we got some Canadian info and I think we're going to do it if we can. :banana: Can't wait to see your pictures. :woohoo: AK is in!

YAY!!That's great news that you may participate in the Give a Day program as well! It's too bad though that you have to be at least 6 to participate!.:sad2:

Hoping to get some pics posted early next week!!!:thumbsup2

I'm glad Project Linus worked for you. We made blankets this past weekend as well so we can get that credit towards our next trip. Do you know you can use the voucher towards your Magic Your Way tickets? Then you would actually get three water parks and more visits! You use the voucher first and then take it to guest services to upgrade to the ticket you want. They then apply the value of the voucher (I think it's $79) to your Magic Your Way tickets. And my suggestion for where to eat breakfast on your Animal Kingdom day is Tusker House. They have a yummy character breakfast.

Ahh...thank you again for reminding me about Project Linus!!!:thumbsup2 Honestly, it was after reading your post that I decided to look into more. I'm soooo happy I did because it's really a great organization. I have read about using the voucher towards your Magic your way tickets and we were thinking about it especially if we decided to add on DHS on our first night.

Tusker House....character breakfast....close to AK...Yes, that is where we have decided to go!!!:yay: Can't wait!!

I'm so glad the Give-a-Day is going to work out for you :yay::yay:

We did the Tusker House breakfast and really enjoyed it :thumbsup2 They had a great variety of food, both traditional/American dishes and African dishes - made it very easy to try lots of new things and know that if you didn't like it there were lots of scrambled eggs and Mickey waffles to fill you up ;)

Oh! Wait, I thought you'd already made up your mind on the TS and wanted us to guess. :laughing:

I couldn't remember if it was Boma you went to?? I haven't been to Tusker House but I've heard great stuff about their breakfast too.

Too funny!!:laughing: Yup...we've already made up our mind and I was hoping that everyone would guess.:rolleyes1 We have decided to go to the Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast! We are very excited...we've never been there before and I hear they have the same kind of juice as Ohana's and Boma.:confused3

I'm guessing Tusker House!

And YAY for project Linus working out. I need to mention the Give a Day to Sandie, Doug and Paul and maybe see if K & T could do Project Linus since they didn't get to do it with us. I am not sure if the kids can do it on their own though but maybe if Sandie was signed up as the adult?

I'm not sure if it'd be worth it for them or not as right now we have hoppers on our package but if we don't get free dining we might change the packages up a bit anyways and then it might make quite a bit of sense.

There is always the FP option too.

I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Thanks!!:goodvibes ( especially for mentioning it in your PTR... It got me thinking!!!;))

You are right!! Tusker House it is!! I made our ADR on Monday!! I was really surprised too that being only 54 days away, they had quite a few times to choose from.

Hmm...I'm not sure if kids can do it on their own. It would be great if Sandie could do it as well. As you said even though they already have the park hoppers...the FP option would work.:thumbsup2

Woo hoo, glad you get to do AK now! :banana:

I still want to do the Give a Day Get a Day too. Though it seems like everything around here requires some sort of training, like they want you to volunteer more than just one day (not that there is anything wrong with that). Who knows what'll happen. Guess I'll just have to keep checking the website.

I know...yay!! We're sooo happy that we can go to AK now!!! We can finally see Festival of the Lion King!! Can you believe we've never seen that show???:eek:

Keep checking on the Give a Day Get a Day....you may find something yet!:thumbsup2
Yay for adding Animal Kingdom!! :banana:

I was going to mention how you could use your free GAD ticket to upgrade to multi-day MYW tickets, but you probably have the package tickets that you got with your room... or do you have a room only ressie??

Are you just going to use the GAD ticket for a one day ticket on the last day? How much more would that add to your package if you did it that way?? The FP option sounds like a great deal too! :thumbsup2

Hi Amy!

:woohoo: for AK!! Ahh...we love AK!! There is just something about that park!! Hopefully, I can talk the boys into riding EE with me this trip..I know they would love it!!!!

We do have the package tickets... we booked the Magic Your Way w/waterpark and more and the QSDP. We were considering using the GAD ticket and then upgrading when we got there so we could possibly add on DHS too. Not sure how that would work though.:confused3 I like the idea of the FP option too! But..since we only have 2 day tickets right now, upgrading to another day is about $275.00 more. I think the extra ticket is probably the better option for us.:)

I'm so glad the Give-a-Day is going to work out for you :yay::yay:

We did the Tusker House breakfast and really enjoyed it :thumbsup2 They had a great variety of food, both traditional/American dishes and African dishes - made it very easy to try lots of new things and know that if you didn't like it there were lots of scrambled eggs and Mickey waffles to fill you up ;)

Thanks!!:goodvibes Me too!!!;)

Oh..YAY! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Tusker House!!:thumbsup2 I'll have to go back and read about it again on your TR.:) It sounds like it is very similar to Boma as far as breakfast goes...and we LOVED Boma!

Hi!!!Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm hoping to get another trip update posted tomorrow. It's been a busy week here!!! Unfortunately, we have all spent the week getting over being sick.:sad2: Luckily, by yesterday we were all feeling well enough to work on our Project Linus blankets!! YAY! It was fun! We watched Lilo and Stitch, and UP for our Disney movies this weekend while we made the blankets. I'm hoping to get them sent out tomorrow morning.:thumbsup2

I've barely had any time to DIS all week, so I'm way behind on all PTR/TR's I'm reading.(sorry) I'll be around tomorrow and Tuesday to catch up!!:goodvibes In the meantime here are a couple pics of our blankets for Project Linus.:)

100_2451.jpg

100_2501.jpg

I LOVE them! :lovestruc Oh my goodness, this is such a wonderful thing that Disney is doing. How many charities have gotten new help this year?? And of those, how many have continued on? It chokes me up, honestly.

I'm sorry you guys have been sick... :flower3: but good to hear your back up and running. Yay for an update!

I LOVE them! :lovestruc Oh my goodness, this is such a wonderful thing that Disney is doing. How many charities have gotten new help this year?? And of those, how many have continued on? It chokes me up, honestly.

I'm sorry you guys have been sick... :flower3: but good to hear your back up and running. Yay for an update!

Thanks!:goodvibes They turned out really good! We also made some Blanket "Hugs" to go along with them. (we traced our hand prints and attached them to a strip of paper to look like arms and wrapped it around the blanket.)

You are so right!! It is such a wonderful thing that Disney is doing!! They are helping so many people who need it!

Happy to be feeling better!!!!:thumbsup2

Looks like you GAD project was a success!! Which Project Linus did you sign up for? My friend has been trying to find one, but the only one she could find was something like 3 blankets per person and it was getting too expensive for her family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter