Cross with myself!

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
Sorry about this but I just needed to vent :worried:

DD was complaining of a sore throat yesterday and then again this morning before school :sick:

In my own mind, I feel she wasn't well enough to go to school but, what did I do?
I dosed her up with paediatric Ibuprofen and told her to go to first aid and ask them to call home if she felt ill :sad2:
And all because the school is panicking about it's attendance figures and sending out letters threatening a visit from whatever the truancy officer is called nowadays! :mad:

DD hardly ever has time off sick but we got THE letter after I had to collect her the day her Daddy was having major surgery, 2 years ago, because she was vomiting with worry :confused3
She was only just 5 for goodness sake!

I'm so angry with myself for letting this affect my decision to send her to school.
Been waiting for the phonecall all morning :blush:

Thanks for listening :blush:

Hope she is OK!

I'm sure they will call you if there is a problem but I can understand your frustration - the world has gone mad

:grouphug: for you and your DD

Thank you :hug:

The fact I haven't had a phonecall yet is making me feel a little better but how many of her friends has she now passed it onto? :scared: ....or even the teacher :eek:

Crazy :rolleyes:

:grouphug: Sending you a big hug Alison, I'm sure the school will phone you if she is very poorly as they won't want that Winter bug infecting the other kids. I have one daughter who never misses a day off school and she will insist on going in even with a very bad cold or cough, whereas my other daughter would wangle a day off school if she stubs her toe :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I hope she feels better soon

Mandy :)

mandymouse said:
I have one daughter who never misses a day off school and she will insist on going in even with a very bad cold or cough, whereas my other daughter would wangle a day off school if she stubs her toe :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I hope she feels better soon

Mandy :)

:rotfl:

I knew DD must be feeling pretty ropey this morning when she said that she'd rather go to the childminders another day after school so that she didn't give it to her 'little brother and sister' (childminders' 2 and 4 year old) :love2:
Bless her, she was more worried about them than herself :love:

There were a few tears when we collected Eve from school (mainly because Daddy was there though I think and definitely she's a Daddy's girl :rolleyes: )

Apparently she was alright until the end of the day when she felt sick and the teacher said it wasn't worth calling home as it was almost home time so she was feeling a little sorry for herself by the time the bell rang ;)

I'll take tomorrow as it comes with her and certainly won't be rushing her up to school if she's still not well :hug:

Thank you all for listening :grouphug:

Sorry to hear that your DD has been feeling poorly. I am sure it's only the caring parents that try to ensure their children are in school every day that get worried by threats of phone calls/letters/truancy officer. Hope she's feeling better now.

Jan

As parents, I think we know when our children are genuinely ill and when they're trying it on. My girls have both been laid low with flu this week. They're 21 and 18, but still get very clingy when they're ill.

There's a lot of it about at the moment, Alison. Go with your instincts tomorrow.

Spook said:
Sorry to hear that your DD has been feeling poorly. I am sure it's only the caring parents that try to ensure their children are in school every day that get worried by threats of phone calls/letters/truancy officer. Hope she's feeling better now.

Jan

Thanks Jan :sunny:

I've made the executive decision that we're having a lie in tomorrow - no school ;)

DD's health comes before school's attendance figures - now, don't let me try to add up how many days I turned into work when it would have been difficult for management to find cover, either because myself or DH were feeling ill................ - this was in the v early days of carer's leave :rolleyes:

Just told Eve we'll have a lie in tomorrow and no school :thumbsup2
She went on to ask me if I'd mind if she woke me up to ask for medicine if she awoke with a headache :confused3
Bless her :love:
There are times when I wish she was less thoughtful...................... :rolleyes:

Hi

I totally understand where your coming from we have the same problem. My daughter had chicken pox and a week later she had a cold and didnt want to go to school. She had a short fuse and was up throughout the night. We have had letters from school about the education board having meetings if thier attendance is below some level this includes agree time taken out of school for holidays, doctors, etc.

Its crazy and its annoys me that I have to let my daughter go into school feeling poorly.

angel659 We have had letters from school about the education board having meetings if thier attendance is below some level this includes agree time taken out of school for holidays said:
Yep, and of course, 'Sod's Law' dictates that the one day off school she has this year happens to be in the term we'll be taking her out to WDW for a week :rolleyes1

:sunny:

Just wanted to say that I agree its a crazy world when kids are made to feel guilty for staying at home when they are unwell. In DD's school there were 4 left in the class at the end of half term because the bug spread so far in to the other years as well.

Hope Eve is feeling better soon, :hug:
Claire xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter