Cross Stitchers, Need Advice Please

jnjusoioa

I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantas
Hi All,
I am an avid cross stitcher and I was reading another post on the DIS and it gave me an idea, thinking of taking squares of cross stitch cloth down on my next trip and having the characters sign them, and then upon returning home cross stitching over their autographs, thought that would be very cute, the other post I was reading the lady had said about putting them all together in a throw of quilt, I would have no idea how to do that, so was just curious if any of you had ever done this and what have you done with them once you finished them. Any help, suggestions, or ideas would mean so much. Thank You. :)

Just thought I would bump this up and see if anyone has ever done anything like this and how it turned out. :)

I cross stitch on fabric all the time. Just have them sign the square, I would use one with a high thread count. Then I back stitch the aida cloth to the fabric, stitch over the design, and once it's finished I take the back stitch out and pull the aida thread out with tweezers. I have tried using the aida cloth with the blue lines which is made for this but it is difficult. I prefer the regular cloth. It is a little time consuming to pull the threads out but with autographs being thin I think it should be fairly easy to do. I have only had issues when it's a larger crossed stitched area because it gets tight. I will try to post some pics tomorrow night of work I have done.
HTH!!!

Hi There,
Thanks for your post, I can't wait to see some of your photos, have you actually cross stitched over the autographs before? Just curious. Hope to see some of your pictures then. I am really hoping this would work becuase I think it would be cute. Hope to hear some more from you. :)

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, my computer officially died after coming back from WDW last weekend and I'm using DH's but he is currently working 16 hour days to wrap up a project. I will take some pics this weekend when I have time to load them on the computer.
I have not stitched autographs but I think the concept would be the same as the stuff I do.

You can always practice on a scrap piece of fabric too just sign a name and go! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter