cross stitch question

Megan's Mom

<font color=6699FF>Snakes--can't look at them in b
I have been cross stitching for years and this is the first time I have had this happen. I bought some new thread at Walmart over the weekend to finish up Pooh. I have never had thread that knotted as bad as this thread did. It was DMC and I usually don't have a problem. Did I get a bad batch or have others had this problem as well.
Also does anyone know of any Disney Princesses small cross stitch patterns. I have seen the larger ones but want small ones to make into Christmas ornaments. Have Pooh and friends and Mickey and friends but now I need the Princesses.
Thanks for your help.

I have never had that problem. Must have been a bad batch... I don't have any pattern for the princess, but I do have Cinderella's Castle! I made it for my parents for Christmas in 1999. We spent Christmas Day until after the Millenium at the Contemporay with the entire family (17 people!). My dad arranged the entire trip, so I thought that would be a great present. It came out gorgeous!

Where did you find the pattern for the castle. That one would be great. We have a print (painting) of Cinderella's carousel with the castle in the background. It was done by Ann Taylor a local painter that did at one time have a shop at Disney. The castle in cross stitch would look nice next to it. On the carousel she made the kids all the VP's of Disney as children. It is neat to hear her tell about it.

On both a cross-stitching and scrapbooking note:

Our Michael's had "Stitch your Own Photo Totes" on clearance for $6.00 I got one for my mom and her sister for their birthday. I cross-stitched their initials in the square that was for cross-stitch and in the other 8 plastic photo pockets I'm putting pictures of the grandkids. I'm tempted to go back and get one for myself and put Mickey on it. It was kind of a pain to stitch on a "pocket" though, and the area is only about 3x5" so you can't put much there. Still, I'm happy with the way it turned out!

Thought I'd share...
Candi

I bought a WDW castle with Tinkerbelle cross stitch from the disney store at downtown Disney in FLA. I haven't had time to work on it, but it is really neat. It does have a dark background so it will be harder to do the stitching.

I have that cross-stitch kit too. I haven't started it yet, but I will someday. :D

I made the Castle crossstitch on a dark blue sweater. It came out georgeous!
I used the 14 waste canvas. the only thing I did differently from the pattern is that I used sparkle thread for the fireworks instead of the plastic metalic thread that came in the kit. The plastic metallic thread did not give enough to be put on clothing.
Someone posted a photo of my sweater on another site, I hope I can't figure out how to post it here but I can include the link. Hope you can all see it. Peggie

http://www.pinclubs.com/ctdpt/events030803.aspx

Which store at DTD did you find the pattern and did they have other patterns? Where else can it be found? I tried a limited search for it on the internet and couldn't find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter