Crocs?

coconutprincess

DIS Veteran
Okay. I know that there are people on the Dis who LOVE their Crocs. I have never bought the originals. Last year, I got a pair of Crocs Mickey flip flops at TL, I got a blister between my toes by the afternoon. So I just went to the beach, and they gave me a blister on my foot. While there, I bought another style of sandal type crocs. No blisters. I was thinking maybe they'd be great for Disney as overall, they are really comfy. But they couldn't handle walking the boardwalk at night.

So is the only the original style that everyone raves about? Or am I just missing something.

I like crocs, because they are comfortable and cheaper than a new pair of cute tennis shoes.

I just bought a pair of mary jane type black crocs yesterday. There are lots of styles to choose from.

I can't wear any kind of sandal with a strap between my toes. But crocs have saved my life. I have severe back issues and they are the only kind of shoes I can wear. I buy only the kind with straps across the foot, not between the toes.

I used to have a pair of disney crocs. First time I wore them was in the parks and I got the WORST blisters of my life on the inside of my big toe. I could barely walk. I popped it and felt much better. Some neosporin and bandaids kept it from getting infected.

From that point on though, they never caused me any problems.:confused3 I wore them all the time, until our next trip to disney when the melted in our car while we switched resorts. :rotfl2:

Yes the Crocs everyone mostly raves about is the originals.

I am a solid fan of them. Anytime I have a lot of walking (especially on cement) they are the way to go. Of course I switch between them and my running shoes.

Crocs offer great support and cushion while allowing room for the natural swelling of your feet as the day goes on.

I bought them years ago and wore them for weeks before a trip to disney. I got the worst blisters all over my feet. I will never wear them again. Yes, they are cheap, but you get what you pay for when something is cheap. I only wear Keens now because I have no desire to replicate that experience!

They MELTED?!!? :lmao:

yes, completely out of shape! We switched resorts and our room wasn't ready, so we left our luggage in the car while we went to the park. It was so hot that June (well over 100 with heat indices over 120) that it baked everything in the car.

the crocs didn't melt into a blob or anything, but they melted just enough to make them unwearable. I've tried everything to get them back in shape - dishwasher, dryer, laying them in the sun, all with socks balled up in them to try to restore them to shape, but no luck.

Oh well, lesson learned!:lmao:

I switched between the original style crocs and my running shoes. The Crocs blistered the sides of my big toes, the running shoes led to me having blisters on other toes - so I just gave various blisters a day off by switching shoes.

The crocs were the most comfortable to wear, the problem was a) I bought slighly offsized outlet mall Crocs and b) I'm overweight. For our next trip I will be splurging on a better fitting pair of Crocs, and the plan is to be about 30 pounds lighter :)

I think the original style was the one called "beach" shoe. It ooks like a clog with a strap that goes around the heel or you can move it up to the top of the shoe. I love their comfort but make certain that you get the correct size to allow for swelling in your feet. Our first day in '06 I also got a blister on the back of my heel so I switched to the Teva's dozer style. The Teva's are light weight and very comfortable but I still buy Crocs, including the flip flops and other styles. Check out their many styles on www.crocs.com or www.tevas.com.

I have the originals, which I use around the yard. I also have the Mary Jane type which have "saved my life" more then once...once in Mexico when I was at the resort the floor was very slippery and I fell in my flip flops and only wore the MJ's the rest of the week, last trip to Disney my feet swelled and I would switch between the MJ's and runners, I was so glad I had them. I also have the wedge healed crocs which I love because I am not a big fan of heals but these are so comfy. I also have the flip flop type which I don't wear too often as I find they tend to not be as comfy as my Teva's.

I have the Crocs Capris and wear them everywhere. They have cloth instead of rubber or whatever between the toes. I can't stand the ones that have the rubber thong part. UGH

I bought a pair of Disney flip flop type crocs they did give me blisters between the toes and I wear flip flops daily. Looks like there is a little lip on the piece between the toes from molding I sanded mine down and now wear daily

When at WDW I always wear golf socks with foot powder and my classic crocs. Not a single blister so far!

Everyone is different! I wore my Crocs flip flops with the rubber thong all over the parks and not a blister in sight...

Yes, Crocs will soften in the heat, which is the way I customize them. I use a blow dryer and soften them across the instep then stretch them just enough so they don't touch my foot. I have a very high instep and wouldn't be able to wear them without that little bit of stretch. You can also put them in the dryer if you need to stretch the whole shoe. But, don't put them on your feet when they're really soft, or you'll mess up the sole.

My favorite Crocs are the Cayman which comes in individual sizes, rather than Beach or now called Classic which are just S-M-L-XL. The Caymans fit the best.

They are also the only shoe I can wear for prolonged periods of time. Blisters can be avoided by wearing socks. There are many discussion threads about this topic. Yes, we are super geeky but boy are our feet comfy!!

I have worn the original beach crocs to WDW without problems - both in fall and winter trips. My favorite, however, is the Patricia style sandal. It has a slight wedge heel, which I need because I have achilles tendonitis. The style has 3 straps across the foot. I usually do use some body glide on top of my foot, because as my foot sweats during the day, they do slide a little in the shoe. Body glide prevents any friction. I have worn these sandals all over WDW and NYC without problem.

I wear the MJ style in the parks and never have blisters. My DH always wore sneakers but when I introduced him to CROCS he never looked back. He wears his CROCs everywhere....

Before our trip, in June, I had never owned Crocs. I couldn't imagine why someone would want to wear plastic shoes. Even though I was doubtful, I bought us each a pair for the trip. Two people got blisters in one small spot, where the shoes rubbed their feet. Everyone else had no problems at all. I'm the heaviest, with the widest feet, and I had no issues. I did alternate with a pair of Teva sandals. Now they're my go to shoe, even though I don't think they look so great. I'd take them over running shoes on a long walk any day. :)

I wear my beach crocs with "no-show" socks on our winter trips and have absolutely no problems. I tried wearing them without socks once and I got a blister on the side of my foot even though I wore them sockless at home all the time. For our summer trip this year, I'm taking Crocband flips, Yellowbox flips, beach Crocs, Merrill sandals, Sketcher flips and my trusty running shoes. A little obsessive, I know, but I have no idea which shoe will be the most comfortable and since we'll be there for 2 weeks :cool1:, I want to have lots of options.

The mickey croc flip flops take about two weeks to break in. I put band aids where they rubbed and I gotta say now that they are broken in they are the most cofortable shoes ever. However there a million styles of crocs to choose from. I would just go to a crocs retail store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter