Crocs - Payless lookalikes, anyone?

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
Been hearing lots about the Crocs shoes and how great they are.... and happened to see some lookalikes on the Payless Shoe Source website. Has anyone seen/tried these from Payless? It'd be great to find a lower-priced alternative, or at the least, a shoe that is sold here in Canada!

Thanks!

(ps: here is the link - http://tinyurl.com/4xo3g)

I had not heard of those shoes before, and yesterday I saw two people wearing them at a birthday party. I commented on how cute they were, and one person said she really loved them. The pix at Payless look just like the ones I saw yesterday. How much is the original version?

We have the CROCS at our Hallmark store......they're 29.99

There was a post on the Theme Park Strategies board 2 days ago about this. She said she liked the ones from payless enough to buy the real ones.

Gee, thanks people :earboy2: I just Googled "crocs" (too see what you guys were talking about) and wound up spending $70 on two pairs from the Crocs website. I looked up the Payless ones first and ordered two colors that Payless doesn't carry. They are very cute! And they look comfy too!

Are they really comfortable? They look like what my doctor was wearing when he delivered my kids. I've made fun of him about them ever sense, but I'm a sucker for a comfortable shoe. I mean they would have to be really comfortable to beat out my Bass sandals. Do they come in kids sizes?

I'm all for wearing cheap knock offs of designer shoes, but Crocs only cost $30 and they are made with some special material that doesn't make you feet sweaty. Mine are super comfortable, and I usually wear Bjorn or Ecco shoes when I want something comfy. They do come in kids' sizes.

To the original poster--My Crocs say "Made in Canada" on the bottom, so I think you should be able to find them there.

I bought a pair of CROCS for me and love them. I also bought a pair of the knockoffs (at payless) for my DD. They had the toddler sizes in the store in pink. I can't see much difference in them just by feeling them. Had I not already bought and worn my black CROCS (and if I wanted pink or baby blue) I would be tempted to try the Payless version.

I have 2 pairs of the payless shoes and I love them... they are very comfortable and my feet don't sweat... $14.99 plus I had a $2 off coupon!!

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
Are they really comfortable? I mean they would have to be really comfortable to beat out my Bass sandals.

I just bought two pairs of Bass sandals today! If you're close to an outlet, they're currently buy one pair, get the second for 60% off! I love spending to save! :bounce:

Those don't look that comfy to me. Does the strap come around your heel or is it just a clog? Are they vinyl/plastic? Weird LOL

I know they are available to Canada from the website (crocs.com) but they work out to at least $40 Canadian, not including shipping - just looking for a cheaper alternative. Anything to save a few bucks :) Thanks for the help, folks!

After reading another thread about the Crocs, I also bought two pair--one Beach, one Nile. I actually wanted the Nile worse, but have found I like the Beach better. I LOVE THEM! I don't really have foot issues, I just find they are very comfortable and lightweight. I'm more prone to walking around inside the house in socks, but since getting my Crocs, I wear them around inside alot, I've even laid down with my 2 yr old to get him to take a nap and forgotten I've had them on. I'm looking forward to trying them out at WDW in May! I've thought about getting a pair for my DS6 who will be going to WDW with me, but didn't want to spend the $$ on them if he was going to take one look and them and claim them too girly looking. But now, hearing that they have them at Payless I'm going to take him to look at them and have him try them on. He got a $10 gift card to Payless for X-mas that we've been hanging onto that will work out perfect for this! Where did the previous poster get the $2 coupon?

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
Are they really comfortable? They look like what my doctor was wearing when he delivered my kids. I've made fun of him about them ever sense, but I'm a sucker for a comfortable shoe. I mean they would have to be really comfortable to beat out my Bass sandals. Do they come in kids sizes?

They really are comfortable. I hate to wear any other shoe now. Yes, they come in kids sizes from 13 on around. They really are the best purchase in shoes I've made in a long time.

Just saw and tried these on today at Payless... SO comfy and very much the same as my Crocs. They also had a Birkenstock type that is like their Arizona style that was great also. Definately going back when I have a coupon or their buy 1 get one 1/2 price sale is going on since I just bought some Crocs.

Oh, here is the other one that I mentioned... Airwalk® Swell Slide

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Prod...pe=Adult&Popularity=21&DescriptiveColor=White

well we just went to payless and they don't have them nor does it look like they are getting them :(

well we just went to payless and they don't have them nor does it look like they are getting them
Did you know you can order them off the payless webpage and have them delivered to your payless store for free. We do this all the time. It is alot easier then trying to find our sizes in the store. Don't forget to use your AAA card ayou save 10%. (I never done this online but have used it in the store.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter