Crocs for Pooh Sized Grammy

GrammyJudy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who is Pooh sized tried to weaR CROCS at WDW? I have problems with knees, legs feet and usually wear New Balance sneakers but was thinking of trying crocs.

I love my crocs but if I wear them too long without socks, I get a blister on the top of my foot. You may want to try them out for a while to see if they work for you. I'll probably wear mine on shorter trips through the park like when going to dinner--but with socks.

Go ahead and try them! They work very well for some and not as well for others. As an example, if I wear my crocs WITH socks I get a horrible rubbing, almost burning, pain on the bottoms of my feet, from the nubs of the crocs moving my socks around on my feet. So I pretty much have to wear them withOUT socks to be comfy all day. Everyone is different!

Try them, and if they work for you, try them at WDW!

Also, for me, I have to have a variety of shoes, at least two different kinds, to keep my feet happy.

You don't necessarily have to wear socks with Crocs. You can buy Glide, which is very similar to stick deodorant that you could also substitute. Just apply it to the area that are likely to get rubbed like the top of your feet. I found my crocs to be very comfortable and I wear them to all the parks, but sometimes you do have to change and for that I wear Teva Dozers. But get some Crocs and wear them around, not just short distances, etc. It is never wise to wear a brand new, non-broken in shoes for lots of walking.

My pooh sized family all love their crocs! I wore mt fuzzy mammoth crocs all over disney. I also wore my mary janes and my regular ones. The only problem I had with them was that no matter which pair I wore the black crocs rivet on the side rubbed in the same spot.

for the most part, I only wear my crocs in the house as slippers and do fine - they feel great. However, on the few occasions I've worn them in the summer without socks, I noticed my feet sweat in them and that wasn't fun. I wouldn't chance an entire day at a park in crocks, though. I'll probably pack mine to change into when we're at the resort - in the room, getting a beverage, going to the pool.
I don't think I can type the words - "from one pooh to another but...":angel:

I am most definitly a Pooh size gramma and I wear my Crocs all the time. As a matter of fact I have 4 pairs. I also have problems with my feet and I can wear my Crocs all day at the parks without any pain. Best thing for my feet.:thumbsup2

I have arthritis which started in my feet a few years ago. Crocs saved my life (as far as walking is concerned). I have been wearing them since before they became popular and have nothing but positive to say about them. They can get wet - no problem - which was beneficial on Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids. While everyone else was walking around in drenched tennis shoes, my Crocs simply dried out!! They wash up and look like new - which is great!

If you buy the models with holes in them at the toe, your feet will have less tendency to sweat. I have mary-jane style ones with the strap around the ankle and across the top of the foot which help them to stay put if you have a problem with slip on type shoes staying on.

The best thing to do is to find a store near you that carries them and try them on. Your toes should not be hitting the end of the Croc. They should fit loose - that's how they're designed. They have so many styles now. Go to Crocs.com to check them out.

I own just about every style they make since they are about the only shoe that I can wear for any length of time without having pain. I also have bad knees from the arthritis as well - so I completely understand your situation. And I'm not a skinny minnie myself! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter