Crockpot Chili? Help please!

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
Looking for instructions on how to make chili for my sister's baby shower - I'd like to use my crockpot. She likes it with beans, onions, tomatoes, hamburg, etc.. I can't ask her for her recipe because she knows I don't like it and will get suspicious..I'm clueless as how to put everything together and make it flavorful.

Can you share your recipes with me?

thank you.

I have a microwave chili recipe that you could probably adapt.

1 lb. ground beef
1 med. onion, chopped
1 med. green pepper, chopped
1 clove, garlic,minced
1 can (16 oz.) stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
1 can (15-1/2oz.) kidney beans, drained
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
2 tsp. Chili powder or more to taste
1/4 tsp. Oregano

The recipe says to brown the ground beef in a 2-qt. casserole in the Microwave. Then add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook until tender. Then add everything else and microwave (covered) on Hi for 5 mins., remove cover, stir, Microwave on Med. for 20 more mins. This tastes better after it sits for awhile, or the next day.

You could brown the beef in a skillet and add the vegetables until tender. Then put everything in the crock pot and cook on Low for several hours.

This makes about 2 qts. or 4 servings and could easily be doubled.

HTH
Elaine

this definitely sounds easy enough - thank you busymomof3!

I've fixed my recipe in the crockpot before. If you want another version, here goes.

1 - 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 diced onion
1 fat can diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
1 fat can tomato sauce
1 pkg. Williams chili seasoning

Brown the beef with the onion. Drain. Put in crockpot with other ingredients. Drain beans if you prefer. Simmer on low for a while just to blend the flavors.

ooh another quick & simple one - love it - thank you!

I am not sure if this post is too late for when you need it, but DH and I just made chili in the crockpot on Wednesday.... We finally put our crockpot recipe book to use !!!

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 cans diced tomatoes, not drained
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup salsa
salt and pepper

shredded cheese and sour cream

brown the beef and the onion in a skillet and then add everything to the crockpot on low for 5-6 hours.

This came out sooooo yummy !!! We served in over noodles to make more of a complete meal with it ! My FIL even complimented on it !!!

Good Luck !

my brother is going to try both of these recipes for me! (since I can't get in the kitchen right now with my leg in this cast) I have been in a chili mood.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter