Crochet Hooks on planes

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Anna114, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

So I'm just getting my stuff together for my up coming trip. I will be flying Southwest on Sunday morning. Does anyone know if you can bring a crochet hook on the flight. I'm packing my counted cross stitch due to the needles and scissors. I will only have my yarn and hook. TIA for any help :wave2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

4. Hannathy

Hannathy <font color=darkorchid>When I stop laughing I will

You can take all your stuff. You can take your cross stitch. There is no problem with the needle or the what I am assuming are small scissors. I think the blade has to be shorter than 4 inches for TSA

Crochet hooks, knitting needles and small scissors are all no problem and needlework needles.

5. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

Thanks to both of you! I appreciate the help.

Sent from my awesome iPad using DISBoards

6. rewardsinlife

rewardsinlife Mouseketeer

I would call and check with your specific airport. I had a problem with small safety scissors when I wanted to do lanyard work. Also had a problem with a small screwdriver as well.( it was for my tap shoes :thumbsup2 ) Both were confiscated by TSA. :confused3

7. scdak

scdak DIS Veteran

Just flew home on Delta 2 hours ago, crocheted on all my flights, I usually take small safety scissors (blunt tip) but I forgot them this trip, so I used nail clippers without any trouble.

8. Alesia

Alesia DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about the screwdriver, but the scissors definitely should have been allowed. It's a TSA regulation, so it doesn't vary by airport. You were just unlucky and got a poorly trained agent.