critique my dining itinerary!

jessvs

Earning My Ears
Here's my plan for my upcoming trip w/ my boyfriend. I'm thinking of nixing the San Angel Inn after reading several bad reviews. Advice? What am I missing?

Day 1
D - Bistrot de Paris

Day 2
L - 50s Prime Time
D- Victoria and Alberts

Day 3
L-Biergarten
D-San Angel

Day 4
L-Wolfang Puck Cafe
D- Jiko

Day 5
B- Crystal Palace
D- California Grille

Day 6
Open!

Hi Jess -
Mine was probably one of the bad San Angel reviews...:) - but it IS very romantic...

If you are staying at the Boardwalk, does Spoodles or Flying Fish hold any appeal for you?? Just thinking on that...

Overall, your choices look great to me, except that I don't know if you need lunch at Prime Time -- followed by a very special dining experience - unless the times are really spread out or you really really want to experience PTC.

Ditto for your next day - while many people - I guess - do handle two big meals a day - unless your ADR's for Biergarten and San Angel are very far apart - it might be alot of eating. Then again - I would only be at San Angel for those margaritas!!!!

We love San Angel Inn, so I would keep it. The rest look a little more upscale for your dinner ressies, so if you wanted to do that for the San Angel night, I'd suggest going out the International Gateway exit of WS and walk to either the Boardwalk for Flying Fish Cafe, or the Yacht Club for Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

Yes, I think we should probably try one of the places on the Boardwalk, being that we're staying right there. Any advice on Flying Fish vs. Spoodles?

I booked San Angel Inn because I remember it from when I was younger as having such unique scenery and ambiance. Perhaps I'll keep it.

I also really wanted my boyfriend to experience the show at Prime Time, but I am second-guessing that ressie simply because he's a pretty demanding foodie - and definitely not apt to enjoy mom's pot roast.

Oh, I should have mentioned that the two of us are FULLY capable of housing two large meals a day. Especially him! We are also really adventurous eaters (but no curry, please).

10 days!

I've done V&A several times, and I suggest you have a lighter lunch than 50's Prime Time that day. I always left plenty of room for all the courses and the wine parings!

I agree with the other posts about trying a Boardwalk-area restaurant. I've not been, but I have read good things about Todd English's bluezoo over at the Dolphin.

Todd's Blue Zoo I found overpriced and very cold but the food was great. The Flying Fish is outstanding - Spoodles ok - I like it for breakfast... You might want to think about a late breakfast at Konas the day you go to V&A. Incredible breakfasts there. Hmmmm I really like your plan with the exception of San Angel. I know good Mexican food and theirs was awful... I also love Narcoossees and the Brown Derby, but chose the CG this time in place of Narcoosees. Just can't fit in everything. I also always go to Boma's one night. Have to have their soups!

I think you schedule looks great but that's alot of food. Our last trip May of 06 we had 2 sit down meals in one day...holy moly. I would suggest a very early lunch and a little later dinner, IMHO. Also, the San Angel Inn is not just about the food, the setting is really wonderful, we did like the food though. We are huge fans of Le' Cellier in Canada. The pretzle bread sticks and Cheddar cheese soup is awesome. I make the soup at home....my family loves it. If you think about changing a ressie try www.allears.net they have all of the menus for every restaurant, it may be very helpful to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter