1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Criminal records

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by Cicero10, May 2, 2013.

1. Cicero10

Cicero10 Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

I honestly have no idea. I do know that they ask you if you have any prior convictions including if you plead guilty. Answer honestly and be prepared to deal with any consequences that may result.

There was a girl on my program who was arrested and charged with underage drinking twice in Miami while on her days off from the program and nothing ever happened to her.

It all comes down to how the person who does your background check views your information. I would imagine, though, if your role is merch related it would raise a few eyebrows.

I don't wanna get all preachy but I just want to pose this rhetorical question; Why would you put something as sought after as the CP or PI at risk by making the sort of decision you did? Anyway, I hope this blows over for you and you get to enjoy your program

4. eadavis

eadavis Mickey is my Homeboy

Someone may need to validate this for me but, here goes.

Having a criminal record doesn't necessarily nix your chances, it just limits your options.

Those with DUI's or other criminal driving charges can't operate company vehicles.
    Those with theft can't be in situations where they handle money or be in a position where they are responsible for a guests safety.

If you haven't yet applied, pick roles like custodial, housekeeping, entertainment, or character attendant.

Good luck, if you don't get accepted, you may need to wait a year or so, put time in between.

5. khancock

khancock DIS Veteran

They wouldn't flat out decline you for that.

If they felt like they may want to make you an offer, they would pend you and then send you background check paperwork to complete.

Once you send that back and they get the results, they will make the decision on offering or not.

6. Cais

Cais DIS Veteran

If you don't disclose it and it comes up in your background check, that'll get you.

7. Cicero10

Cicero10 Mouseketeer

To everyone:

I was planning on doing the culinary program.

8. khancock

khancock DIS Veteran

Doesn't matter.

9. uttom300

uttom300 CP Alum

You had better be up front with them asap or else you will have no shot. Just having a record doesnt mean you will automatically be disqualified as previously stated above, but it hinders you. Just be honest and hope for the best.

10. pipermae

pipermae Mouseketeer

Have you already been accepted or is this a "for the future" kind of question?

11. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Most companis only ask for Felony convictions in the lat 7 years. If you were a minor then you can answer "no". Juvenile records are not opened up to the public. If they do ask and you lie they will probably find and and then you will be fired and non-rehirable. If you did a diversion type program then your chargs were probably dismissed and don't count.

12. Cicero10

Cicero10 Mouseketeer

Never mind, nothing happened, thank God.

But it would've been for the future