Cricut mats-resticking?

mgrace79

Mouseketeer
I have heard of people resticking their cricut mats to extend their life. What products do you use ? Spray or tacky glue like Arlene's? Thx :)

Actually, I wipe them down with a baby wipe. I go over the mat a few times, and then allow it to dry thoroughly. Mine always have a second life, and I save some money, for a while!!

Clean mats with dawn soap and water. Let dry. Use a mixture of Aleene's Take It over and over. 1/3 glue to 2/3 water. Spread on with a foam brush let dry and good to go. Just like new.

I wash them, but also use a quilt adhesive spray. It works great! I got it at Wal-mart. I think it was $8 but it has lasted a long time.

i use the Xryon repositionable cartridges refills. I clean the mat first with soap and water to get the majority of the fibers off the mat, then let dry. Take apart the cartridge and just place the sticky stuff on my mat, and then peel back the white backing.

I use the little X refills, as they are the cheapest. The restuck mat lasts a long time. Just make sure it is the repositionable ones!

I have been using my Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller after a thorough cleaning and drying. I just run it once horizontally in the middle of each marked inch on my mat. This has worked great for me so far and is very quick and easy. If you want a REALLY stick mat, I guess you could do two runs in each inch space on your mat as the strip of dots is a little less than 1/2" wide. The dot roller is marked as permanent but I have had no problems using it for this purpose.

By the way, my mat is for a Silhouette machine but from what I understand, the mats are pretty much the same.

I clean it real good with baby wipes. Let dry and then I use the big Zig two way glue pen. It takes about an hour to dry and it sticks super good. I have two mats I have been using for about two years now. Works great!

I usually remove all the old glue with Guegone or something like that but often products like that will also remove the green lines on the mat too. I then wash it good and tape the outside of the mat with painters tape or making tape and spray Scotch repositionable spray. I give it 2 light coats and allow it to dry between each coat a few minutes. Remove the tape et voila! The mats stick like new. I've been using the same 2 mats for a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter