Cricuit machine

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by chipdale74, Nov 20, 2012.

1. chipdale74

chipdale74 Mouseketeer

I need some help/advice on these machines. Are they only for paper crafts (cards, scrapbook ing, etc)? Or can they be used for fabric crafts?

2. pikaboo27

pikaboo27 <font color=teal>I knew I could count on you!<br><

If you are not married to the idea of the Cricut, check out the Sillouhette Cameo. I love mine and it cuts paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric, just about anything really. The thing I love about it is that it will just anything that I want it to cut. Even the cool fonts i find for free on the internet (including the Disney font). And the shapes are wicked cheap to download too.

I know they are having a big sale on Black Friday too (I plan to stock up on 50% off shapes. Score!)

Good luck!

3. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

I agree with the PP. If oyu want to cut anything other then what you can find on their cartridges, then I would go with another machine.

To answer your question, yes you can cut fabric. I have done it in the past. As a matter of fact I find the blade last longer when cutting fabric then paper.

4. chipdale74

chipdale74 Mouseketeer

Thanks. I am going to research the other machine. I want to use it to make Disney stuff and if they have the fonts for free that would be great!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!