Crest Pro-Health Rinse

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
Is this the same as Scope?

Walgreens has the 1 litre on sale for $4.49 instead of $7.49. Then I have a BOGOF and a $1off which would make them a bottom line cost of only $1.75 each vs the $7.49 they usually are. The only problem is I'm not sure exactly what the Crest Pro-Health Rinse is. I'm thinking it's like Scope and if so I can use it. If it's something else, not sure that I need it even at such a good deal.

Somebody clue me in! :teeth:

I was thinking of using both of those coupons this week, but didn't know if they'd let me use them both. I think it's pretty much like scope, but alcohol free? I remember seeing that somewhere. I think that that is a great deal for it and I think I may just go ahead and do that deal.

I bought this for DS since he just got braces. It is a rinse for plaque and tartar and to help prevent gingivitis. It doesn't have the burn that Scope has. I'm hoping it will help rinse some of the stuff out of his braces that the toothbrush does get.

starwood said:
I bought this for DS since he just got braces. It is a rinse for plaque and tartar and to help prevent gingivitis. It doesn't have the burn that Scope has. I'm hoping it will help rinse some of the stuff out of his braces that the toothbrush does get.
Does it "freshen breath" as well as the plaque and tartar? My primary goal in this purchase would be for it's breath freshening abilities.

Should kill bad breath. Bottle says "kills germs that cause: Bad breath, plaque, gingivitis".

starwood said:
Should kill bad breath. Bottle says "kills germs that cause: Bad breath, plaque, gingivitis".
Thanks! Off to purchase some this morning!

I skipped it on my list because I wasn't sure about it but in thinking about the sweetness of the deal, I thought I should research further. Thanks for your help!

I don't like this stuff at all. Bought a big one on sale with a coupon and glad I didn't spend much. Doesn't work anywhere near as well as Scope or Listerine. Guess you need the burn............As a rinse for braces, I think it would work really well. Definitely doesn't burn, but to freshen breath it's a dud (at least for me).

sanibelover said:
I don't like this stuff at all. Bought a big one on sale with a coupon and glad I didn't spend much. Doesn't work anywhere near as well as Scope or Listerine. Guess you need the burn............As a rinse for braces, I think it would work really well. Definitely doesn't burn, but to freshen breath it's a dud (at least for me).
Thanks so much for your input! Wish I had read that before I ventured over to Walgreens and purchased it. Oh well, like you said, it's cheap enough. We'll try it and see what we think.

sanibelover said:

I've never used Scope, but I find this works MUCH better for me than Listerine. My dentist used to recommend Listerine in the past, but now he likes the Crest (something about the mega-quantity of alcohol in Listerine being bad for sensitive gums in the long-term).

By the way, did you know that Crest has no alcohol, while Listerine has more than 20% alcohol content?

I can't use the mouthwash with alchohol in it....... yikes!!! It burns my mouth awful! I love this new rinse... my son also just got braces on the 25th of August - and it is great for in-between brushing when he needs to rinse out his braces. Also - it leaves my mouth very fresh..... maybe it depends on your degree of bad breath... :teeth:

I think it works just fine, but I don't like the flavor too much. I also found that, well, it's hard to describe, but I felt like the coloring in it made my mouth stained a bit. I woke up the morning I used it with blue stuff on my front teeth! It came off with brushing and didn't leave stains, but it was kind of weird to wake up with a smurfy smile!

I prefer Listerine, I like the burn, but bought this to try to get DH to use it since he doesn't use any mouthwash at all, hates the taste. His breath is fine, but I worry about his gums. I'll have to ask my dentist what she thinks about it, previously, she said that she likes Listerine as it's very thorough, but you should not over use it or dilute it with water.

I like and my son will use it so it is definately better than listerine. I think it freshened my breath as well as scope does. :confused3

I havent' tried it yet, but bought it today. I think it will be great for DS. You can't beat the deal. I got 2 1 liter bottles, that came with free smaller bottles. I had a BOGO coupon and a $1 off coupon, so for all 4 bottles, it was 3.49 and 8.98 wen't toward the P&G rebate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter