Credit Forums

Smuggs

Mouseketeer
In the past I have seen posts about credit forums that have forms for telling a collection agency to back off.

I am currently getting collection demands for a deceased relative and need to know what I should send and what I should not send back to them (I am not paying the bill- the estate is insolvent)

Try ClarkHoward.com When I was executor of an estate that didn't have enough money to pay the credit card bills, I just sent a death certificate to the collection company and gave them the probate lawyers contact information. The lawyer sent them a letter stating that the court had determined the estate was insolvent and that was the end.

If you are not the executor, tell them to contact the executor and leave you alone.

Do not send any money in behalf of an estate someone else is (should be) executing or administering. Do not try to reach a settlement using your own money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter