Creative way to give teacher gift card

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by chewbacca, Dec 13, 2012.

1. chewbacca

chewbacca Mouseketeer

I need a easy, creative way to give a gift card to my ds's teachers. I don't have a crafty bone in my body so this needs to be an easy project. BTW I got them a gift card to Lakeshore (teachers store).

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. minkydog

minkydog DIS Cast Member

How about taping it to the back of a large Hershey bar, a box of Fiddle Faddle, or a box of candy canes? Or you could buy a mug to put it in and fill the mug with Hershey kisses?

4. maslex

maslex DIS Veteran

Saw these and thought they were cute.
    http://onecharmingparty.com/2010/12/13/simple-gift-card-snow-globes/

http://www.favecrafts.com/Christmas-Crafts/Christmas-Goodie-Pop-Top-Cans/ml/1

http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2011/06/iheart-organized-art-caddy.html
    (this you might fill up with pencils, markers, pens, etc for her to keep on her desk and stick the gift card to it?)

My husband also received a gift card inside a BIG jar full of his favorite (peanut M&M's). Maybe fill a jar of her favorite wrapped candy and just stick the card inside?

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

What a great gift!!

Don't make yourself crazy. Have your son write each a note telling why he enjoys their class, or you write one telling them what a difference they've made in his life. Include the gift card, and you're done.

6. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

Print out a ruler on card stock write

We think you rule! Cut a slit and slide in gift card.

I did thanks a latte ones last year with Starbucks cards.

7. ceemys

ceemys DIS Veteran

I am room mom (Kindergarten) and I am getting a Visa Gift card with all the money that is donated. I am having all the kids fill in the blank....I Like Miss Mitchell because_______. I will put it in a book and put the gift card on top. :)

8. Pixie Princess

Pixie Princess DIS Veteran

Great simple ideas! Our local news ran a story the other day about the top teacher gifts, and simple note or card of appreciation was one of them (as was gift cards), and they interviewed several teachers who also said, a note of appreciation was what they liked to receive. Couple that with your gift card, and I think you'll have hit a home run!

9. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

As a teacher, I have to agree that the heartfelt notes from parents or students are the most meaningful gifts :love: