Crazy Question

monte

DIS Veteran
Ok...be honest. Who is thinking about registering for the marathon in 2007? ;)

Me!! :cool1:

I figure I'll have another year to improve my speed. Of course when I'm out on the course in 2006, I'll probably be cursing myself for even thinking about doing another marathon. :rolleyes:

Plus, that means I'll go on another WDW trip. :)

Terri

I'm not sure about WDW in 2007 because I won't know my rotation schedule until Apr 7th but...
going Goofy in 2008 for sure. I want the full set of hardware since I'll just be getting Mickey this year. I'm doing an extra rotation rather than vacation this upcoming summer so I can take the month of January off in 2008.

I plan on going Goofy in 2007-- so long as I enjoy the race itself next month.

Question for those of you who might be in the know: I know they are doing the split-day format in 2007, but does anyone know for sure if they are offering the Goofy Challenge, complete with medal?? I checked the site, but they don't list anything about it... at least not yet.

Solotraveler :earsboy:

I'm with Tiff. I've already told DH that the WDW half is going to be an annual event for me. Of course, add Minnie to that mix too. Since next year's the inaugural Minnie marathon, I want to see my name someday listed as one of the perfect 12 :flower:

Count me in! I told DH that if I don't make it over the line for the full this year I want to try next year. I am quite close to making it.

If I do it this year, well I think it might be fun to play anyway. I think I have found the athlete in me!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm undecided! I really like the half marathon but this full is killing me--just the time committment, finding kids help, etc. I'll have to see how the actual race goes. I may do the half every year--I think Dh wants to keep doing the full.

I'm also interested in other athletic pursuits that I just haven't had any time for with the marathon training--yoga, weight training, etc. So I may work on those next year.

I'm waiting to see how I feel after the race. Unless I do not make it, though, this will liekly be my one and only full marathon. It's just too time consuming adn with the waeather right now, it's just too hard. However, that does not mean that I'm ruling out a half marathon. We'll have to see.

WDW Marathon Weekend is definitely a tradition for my family. My goal is to get DH to run the full with me in 2007. I am just so proud that he is doing the 1/2 with me in 2006.
The only downside to this is that with both DH and I running, we'll leave the kiddos at home due to logistical reasons. That kind of bums me out.
Even though I have been a runner for years, WDW is the only marathon I train for. With 3 kids, my passion for Disney gives me the justification to put in the necessary training time. Otherwise the mommy guilt takes over :earsgirl:

I am definitely gonna register for the full next year.
This one and the Boston Marathon are my ultimate goals.

I was there last January, and won't be able to make it this January, but I'll definitely be doing the 2007-- I just need to decide whether I'm going to do the full or the half!

Does anyone know if you can "upgrade" to the full if you are initially signed up for the half??

Me, too!!
I'm not racing this year, (Just living vicariously through all of you!!) but I'm already excited about participating in the 2007 Half!! :jumping1:

~Kimber

Its 2AM, New Year's Day, I'm well into the taper induced hyper/moodiness and I have to say I have been really depressed about this very question. The thought of not spending my next Fall into Holiday season exactly as I did this year is just too much to bear. But I really can't justify another January trip next year. My daughter (16) doesn't like Disney and doesn't want to miss school so she misses out on the family trip. My son will be in first grade next year and really shouldn't miss school. I really can't afford annual Disney trips.... Oh but the thought of not having all of this next year just breaks my heart. I just can't face the reality as of yet...

Sunny

Plutosmyfav, I'm sorry to hear you will probably not be able to make it!! Never say never, though!! Early January can be the absolute cheapest way to go to Florida-- really cheap rooms (a couple years ago, I got a $25 rate at the DD Hilton Concierge in early January!!), and really cheap flights-- maybe you'll be able to come down for a couple days just for the race!! There's still a whole year!

Alternatively, there are so many races all over-- maybe there will be a race closer to home, or somewhere the whole family would like to visit-- I have no kids, so I can't really have an opinion about missing school (and I was never allowed to miss school for a vacation), but I would think a couple days wouldn't hurt.

I did the 1/2 marathon last year (walked it) and am doing the 1/2 again this year (walk/run). I am seriously thinking about going for the full next year (run/walk). Lily is my inspiration! DH and I are committed to making this an annual event so I will at least do the 1/2 again next year. It is such a great event!

I am hoping to be there... I just have to get in shape and save money :teeth:

ME! I'm planning on being there. I've run 3 half-marathons (the Mini Marathon in Indy) and am planning a 4th for this May. I'm hoping to run over the summer and train for the 2007 full marathon. I want that Mickey medal!

Can't find the right place to post this question...but crazy sounds good...Where can I get information on the Minnie marathon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter