Crazy question: Has anyone worn flip-flops to the parks before?

LOL! I love that the OP said this was cray! :laughing: Very cute!

I love my Reef Fanning flip flops and I wear them everywhere. I have 2 different pairs. I plan to bring both and I will bring my Nike running shoes. I assume the Reefs will be all I wear in the parks.... they are very comfortable. Hubby will be wearing his Reefs too. My girls have Keens and they will bring tennis shoes just in case.

I wear TEVA's MUSH flip flop/ sandal. It is a small wedge and is very comfortable for all day walking. I wouldnt recommend a simple flip flop though.
I also would not recommend a simple flip flop, but that's all my nieces wear. My mom too, until śhe got neuropathy from chemo and has numbness in her feet.
I wear Teva Olowahu flip flop sandals.
http://www.teva.com/women-flip-flop...Y#icid=shop_wtext&start=5&cgid=women-view-all
I never could wear the cheap kind with one strap and a thick piece between the toes.
I saw a pair of the Olowahu ones at the end of the season on clearance. They are what I wear most of the time now for about 5 years of WDW trips.
They have a bit of a wedge, some arch support built in and that model has multiple straps, which help to keep them securely in place.
I have worn my Reef sandals with the thick sole to the parks many times. The only downside is that if it rains things can get very slippery.
That's the only downside with Teva flip flops too.

I wear an assortment of flip flops from Tommy Hilfiger, Reef, and ones I got from Kmart. Been wearing flip flops for almost every trip. I don't see any difference in my feet at the end of the day as I am used to them and take my walk with them everyday. Stopped wearing sneakers after they got wet in a rain storm, its awful walking around in wet shoes and socks.

The ability to wear flip flops in the parks really has to do with your own feet, I think. I wear flip flops year round and my feet are used to them. On my last visit, I wore Adidas and my feet were killing me. I had to go back to the resort and change into my flip flops. I wore them for the rest of the trip and did fine.

Yep! My daughter wore cheap flip flops purchased in one of the Disney gift shops (similar to the el cheapos at Wal-Mart but priced at $15 on Disney property :thumbsup2) for most of a week and did great. I wouldn't last half a day in those.

If someone wants to try flip-flops, I would just recommend having backups along at least the first day in case it doesn't work out. It would stink to have to leave the parks early just because you had on the wrong footwear.

I've done it lots of times! My Old Navy flip flops feel just fine. Sometimes by the third of forth day, the bottoms of my feet start to get irritated from the rubbing and I switch to sneakers. I am also very flat-footed, so shoes with little support don't bother me too much. I think if you are used to wearing flip flops, you'll be okay! Just bring a back up plan.

I personally wouldn't, but my 17 yo does every year for 10 park days without an issue. She wears those cheap old navy ones too.:confused3

I will alternate- last time I wore croc flip flops, they had decent support and funny enough when I had plantar fasciatis (sp) they were the only shoes that didn't hurt! I also had some Dr Scholls flip flops and some light weight tennis shoes like those sketcher walk or whatever they are called.

I will be 30 weeks pregnant in Disney next week and plan on only wearing my Teva Mush flip flops. They are the only shoes I've worn my entire pregnancy and the only shoes I wore at the parks back in March. I think my feet would hurt if i tried sneakers.

wear my croc flip flops in the parks all the time. Don't know which style, but the ones that don't go between your toes.

I wear Old Navy flip flops if it's warm enough. No problems with being uncomfortable. I will say it can be tricky wearing them when it rains or if there are puddles and then I have to walk very carefully otherwise I will slip.

I alternate between my tevas and nike flip flops. The flops are extremely slippery when wet, so if rain is likely, the tevas are it.

I wear the $2.50 ones from Old Navy without issue for the entire 10 days we're in WDW. I wear them all of the time during the spring and summer at home though so I'm sure that makes a difference.

I could never wear flip flops to the parks. My feet could never handle it, so I always wore sneakers. Now I bring sneakers, flip flops and Toms. The only flip flops I wear to the parks and the only flip flops I wear period are the Sanuk yoga mat flip flops. They are truly heaven!

I'm another one who wears flipflops all day long in the parks! I wear Reef Ginger flipflops which are nice and squishy with a great arch support. I also wear them all the time outside of the parks, so I'm used to them. I think my feet would just be too hot and sweaty in sneakers!

I wear Orthaheel flip flops as often as possible at home (read: as long as it's not so cold that my toes go numb). I have flat feet and Plantar Fasciitis, and I find that these offer even better support than my tennis shoes. And I have worn them for days on end at Disney. However, if it's not what I was used to at home, I would not do it. Just like running, never try out something new on race day! (And yes, I do have running shoes, but ONLY for running. :) )

I only wore sneakers when I was younger and my parents made me. It's so nice to wear flip flops as a local and not have to worry about getting your sneakers all wet. I wear Fit Flops which have incredible arch support. My feet are never sore!

Another vote for Reefs. I wear Reef Fannings with the handy dandy bottle opener on the bottom, but they are all good! Great arch support and very comfortable. They're all I wear when we're down there, and my feet feel fine at the end of the day. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter