Crazy new problem with new My Disney Experience

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by rcraw45425, Feb 19, 2013.

1. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

Booked 1900 Park Faire for dinner in June yesterday as there were no Chef Mickey's ADRs at our time. Gave CC guarantee, all was fine. Today I checked and Chef Mickeys shows availability. I booked, expecting them to note my prior reservation and ask me to cancel as has been the routine for a while now. No message, reservation is booked. Two character buffets, same exact date and time, same credit card guarantee. I'm on hold now to cancel 1900, don't want them to arbitrarily cancel both!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mom 2 a Princess

Mom 2 a Princess Disney planner of the family

I had that happen as well, but I was able to click on the reservation I wanted to cancel and cancel it on-line. I was surprised that it didn't ask me to cancel one.

4. triplejen

triplejen DIS Veteran

Maybe now that they use a CC guarantee they don't bother forcing you to immediately cancel an existing ADR when booking a new one because they know you will do it on your own to avoid getting charged?

5. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

Doubtful since the person I spoke with when I called in was just as puzzled as I was. Just another glitch with the wonderful "improved" website. Glad there's no reason for me to have to check any thing for the next 80 days or so!

6. themcgoos

themcgoos Mouseketeer

I have booked/cancelled/re-booked several ADRs over the past 7 days at close to the same time periods for next week and each time the system cancelled the previous (close-in-time) ADR for me as I booked a new one and I rec'd email confirmations of all. I haven't used the system since 2008 and I am surprised at how smoothly it has worked for me (unlike some other stories I am reading here today).