Crazy Last Minute Trip Idea- Cheap Airfare??

spacy9

Mouseketeer
I was just offered a new job and will be giving my two weeks notice at my old job on Monday. With the vacation time I have this year I can take the 2nd week of my two week notice off with pay. So I am planning a surprise trip for the family to Disney World the 22-28 or 21-27 of May. The only problem I'm running into is airfare. We live near Denver Colorado and all of the flights I'm finding are around $450 per person, for 2 adults and 2 kids thats a BIT to much.

Any suggestions for finding reasonable airfare for the four of us for such a last minute crazy idea? The wife doesn't know, and if I can't find cheaper airfare she is never going to know ? If I could find it about $1200 for the 4 of us we would be golden. I don't want to do priceline though because you can never tell when your flight will be and I don't want the kids on a flight at 1 in the morning or something else crazy like that.

Any help for this last minute trip idea? Also any idea of crowds the week before Memorial day?

Thanks!

spacy9 said:
We live near Denver Colorado and all of the flights I'm finding are around $450 per person, for 2 adults and 2 kids thats a BIT to much.
How about $212.96 + $39.30 (taxes & fees) = $252.26 per person? That's only slightly over $1 thousand for all four of you!

I did a flexible search on http://www.aa.com/ -- the dates aren't exactly what you had in mind, but they're close:

Departure Date
DEN/Denver to MCO/Orlando
Monday, 05-23-2005

Return Date
MCO/Orlando to DEN/Denver
Sunday, 05-29-2005

The flights are on American Airlines, with connections in either Chicago or DFW. There are several connections to choose from in both directions.

The usual disclaimer applies that airfares are subject to change without notice.

I have a timeshare that sleeps 10 that I can't use. It's for 7 nights with a check-in of May 21.

Well the trip isn't happening. I actually found airfare from American Airlines on Monday for the 23rd to 29th for $212 a piece! However I couldn't spend the money without talking to the wife first - so I told her what my plan was and she said no. :( She said that we had just gone in November and that we are going in February - she is obviously not the addict that I am. Doesn't she realize that November was 6 months ago and February is 9 months from now!

So no I have to wait until February. Thank you for all of the advice though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter