Craziness at DCL Today!

mom2brooke76

Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is
We've been here at least 20 minutes (Florida residents), and the parking lines are literally at a stand still. This is my ninth cruise and I've never seen anything like this. At this rate it will be an hour before we make it into the terminal. And we still haven't been able to drop out bags off. Ugh!

Just asked the parking guy and he said that Disney closed down the outside baggage drop because they didn't want to get wet, so everyone is being forced to drop luggage in the parking deck. The line to get in here is insane, and the port guys are not happy because lots of people cruising clearly are not happy :scared1::furious:

This happened to us last February and nothing was shut down. There were just so many people with cars that it was a stand still. It took my fiance almost an hour to get back to us after dropping the car off.

It must be a driving rain because the outdoor bag curb drop is covered. Wow.

MJ

We just got on the ship. The lines are pretty crazy. I guess Disney does this with all storms. We've just been lucky enough not to encounter it in the last 8 cruises.

Been on DCL 34 times with the majority of them from Port Canaveral and never experienced that either. I remember arriving during a horrible downpour and they were, at the time, taking your bags from the parking lot like they always did (this was way before they had built the curb side dropoff).

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

MJ

Thanks everyone! I'm very happy to say that our favorite head server, Ali, will be taking care of us on this cruise per our request. Seeing him really helped to turn things around! Plus, he's going to make us our own cheese plate to go after dinner :love:

Thanks everyone! I'm very happy to say that our favorite head server, Ali, will be taking care of us on this cruise per our request. Seeing him really helped to turn things around! Plus, he's going to make us our own cheese plate to go after dinner :love:

Very nice!

We had a serious storm today--very very unusual for January. It was actually white out conditions on the roads and they were warning drivers on the news. So, yeah, it was pretty bad. But man, I'm sorry it created a mess for cruisers. It cleared out and ended up being a gorgeous day, if that's any consolation.

We just made it back, and aside from our serving team and the hilarious host of the adult shows, the cruise was just meh. This was our 9th, so we have experience being on DCL. Our head server, Ali, who we requested was amazing! He and our server, Marko, went above and beyond to take care of us. The new room service menu reflecting the addition of the All Hands on Deck again wasn't updated, so we asked Ali about it and he made sure we had a cheese plate nightly. He even went to the ship store and got us this spreadable pepper cheese. Yum!

The bad parts were parking on the first day due to weather, no ac in our room most of the first day, no shipwide on demand in the rooms on Saturday (complaining kids), and pretty much no Castaway Cay yesterday due to the weather. Captain Gus came into Castaway Cay Saturday at midnight to avoid a storm, but the next day it was SO stormy and windy that most people had to return really early. All excursions were closed, and by the time we walked off we were told we couldn't be on the beach at all (since no one was there, we were lounging in the hammocks). Still, it was cool to be on the island in crazy wind LOL I miss having Captain Henry like I usually do as he's so personable, while Captain Gus doesn't seem to be.

Sorry to hear about your CC experience. That is a bummer. We were on the Dream Cruise that disembarked Friday and we had an updated sheet of paper in our book, stuffed in the room service page and the All Hands On Deck was on that. Maybe its only in some books or someone took it from yours but we did see it. And don't you just love Jameszy? We had him over the summer and were crossing our fingers he would still be there. #callme :)

We just made it back, and aside from our serving team and the hilarious host of the adult shows, the cruise was just meh. This was our 9th, so we have experience being on DCL. Our head server, Ali, who we requested was amazing! He and our server, Marko, went above and beyond to take care of us. The new room service menu reflecting the addition of the All Hands on Deck again wasn't updated, so we asked Ali about it and he made sure we had a cheese plate nightly. He even went to the ship store and got us this spreadable pepper cheese. Yum!

The bad parts were parking on the first day due to weather, no ac in our room most of the first day, no shipwide on demand in the rooms on Saturday (complaining kids), and pretty much no Castaway Cay yesterday due to the weather. Captain Gus came into Castaway Cay Saturday at midnight to avoid a storm, but the next day it was SO stormy and windy that most people had to return really early. All excursions were closed, and by the time we walked off we were told we couldn't be on the beach at all (since no one was there, we were lounging in the hammocks). Still, it was cool to be on the island in crazy wind LOL I miss having Captain Henry like I usually do as he's so personable, while Captain Gus doesn't seem to be.
We just got off the same cruise and I would concur. We had 2 major issues. First, my wife's luggage was completely soaked through when it got to our stateroom, as in we were wringing water out of the clothes. Needless to say, we had to cancel Palo Friday night since she didn't have anything to wear. Second, (and this was first for us after 9 cruises with DCL) we had ants in our room.

There is something about the Dream that just doesn't click and I'm not sure what it is. We loved the Fantasy, but we didn't feel the extra passengers on that ship like we did on the Deeam. We also much prefer the Magic over the Dream as well.

On a good note, the food was very good on the Dream and the show (we only saw Golden Mickeys) had an excellent cast.

One last thing that I was wondering about this morning. The wait staff was really pushing for us to have disembarkation breakfast in the dining room. We of course went to Cabanas like we always do. I realized that after 9 DCL cruises, we've never eaten breakfast in the dining room on disembarkation morning.

We just got off the same cruise and I would concur. We had 2 major issues. First, my wife's luggage was completely soaked through when it got to our stateroom, as in we were wringing water out of the clothes. Needless to say, we had to cancel Palo Friday night since she didn't have anything to wear. Second, (and this was first for us after 9 cruises with DCL) we had ants in our room.

Ants, Yuck! However, I saw a giant mouse on a recent cruise that was strutting around like he owned the place!

He was probably just proud of the meal at remys (I know he is a rat but close enough)

Ants, Yuck! However, I saw a giant mouse on a recent cruise that was strutting around like he owned the place!
At least HE had the decency to follow the dress code relaxed as it is. Did you get a load of his friend that didn't even bother to wear pants?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter