CR Tower - Bay Lake View

GovieMom

DIS Veteran
Thanks to the 35% RO at CR, we can finally (sort of) justify a stay there, and in the Tower to boot! Unfortunately though the TPV standard rooms were not included in the promotion, so we had to get the Bay Lake side. Not complaining because I know it'll be fine; just disappointed that our most likely one and only stay at the CR couldn't include a theme park view. So then, any recommendations about viewing the fireworks anywhere else - does the 4th floor viewing platform get crowded pretty early? Thanks for any advice!

You could go to the 4th floor deck a bit early. There is a spot that is better, it is in the left corner if you are facing the park.

Lakeview is nice! So pretty during the day and at night you can watch the electrical parade on the water. I actually don't think TPV is worth the extra money that they charge for it. Have a great time :)

Our family loved the Bay Lake view in the tower! You can see the pool, the lake and the Electric Water Parade. We never went to the viewing platform on the 4th floor- we went to the stairwell and propped open the fire door. We had a perfect view and could easily hear the music from the viewing platform. Have a fantastic trip!

Thanks to the 35% RO at CR, we can finally (sort of) justify a stay there, and in the Tower to boot! Unfortunately though the TPV standard rooms were not included in the promotion, so we had to get the Bay Lake side. Not complaining because I know it'll be fine; just disappointed that our most likely one and only stay at the CR couldn't include a theme park view. So then, any recommendations about viewing the fireworks anywhere else - does the 4th floor viewing platform get crowded pretty early? Thanks for any advice!

I had the choice to book TPV or BLV when I booked the Jan - Apr RO discount. Maybe the room choice was not available for your dates?

I am looking for Feb 5-8(wed-sat) and not getting any availability there. If you haven't grabbed it, then do so. 4th floor pipes in the music and there are benches, great place to watch fireworks. Usually only a handful of people there.

I had the choice to book TPV or BLV when I booked the Jan - Apr RO discount. Maybe the room choice was not available for your dates?

Not sure; my TA had notified me an hour before the official start time of 7 a.m. on October 8th, saying I had a choice of either the Bay Lake view, or else "club-level" TPV. She knew I had wanted a standard TPV, but it wasn't available. Maybe the people with Disney Visas had already snatched those up?? BTW, it was for the week of Feb. 23 to March 1.

LV is beautiful! We've stayed on both sides & like each for different reasons.

How early I would suggest arriving on the 4th floor observatory depends on your actual dates (how close to Pres Week) but generally, I think if you allowed 30 mins you should absolutely be ok.

We stayed at the CR with TPV in Sept.
It was nice to watch the fireworks one night, but to be honest, during the day, your see all parking lot.

We are going back to the CR in Dec, and booked a BLV this time, since the view is alot nicer. But to each their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter