CR garden wing

slbgnb

DIS Veteran
We would like to stay at CR next year. The garden wing is so much cheaper....how inconvenient is it to walk to the main hotel? How much further to walk to MK? Does it take away from the overall experience? Thx!

I have stayed in the farthest room out in the wing, and walked at a normal pace to the 4th floor in less than five minutes. I feel like I get to my room just as fast or faster from MK because I don't have to wait for the elevator nearly as long. There are several exits to the building and sometimes it's shorter to exit the building and walk outdoors than walk through the hallway. I prefer the wing as it's usually quieter than the tower. The main difference is that the wing rooms don't have balconies and the tower rooms do. I don't feel it takes away from the experience at all.

I'm a GW fan. It's very quiet and, while you may have a walk inside the GW, it is literally a one minute walk to the tower building once you leave the GW. Once you enter the tower, you are on the ground floor, so no elevators to the buses or to start the MK walk. I think it's the best of both worlds because you can also experience the tower 4th floor concourse when you'd like. If you want the theme park or Bay Lake view, the GW will not give you that experience.

What is the tower 4th floor concourse? It's that where Chef Mickey's and the monorail and all are?

Thanks for the walking info, that helps! Glad it's close enough that it's not inconvenient!

Which do people who stay there tend to do - walk to MK or take the monorail?

We booked the GW at the CR was well for our trip in May 2016. I was hesitant at first as well, but now I'm really excited! I think the proximity to MK is worth it regardless!!

We would like to stay at CR next year. The garden wing is so much cheaper....how inconvenient is it to walk to the main hotel? How much further to walk to MK? Does it take away from the overall experience? Thx!

Depends where in the Garden Wing your room is.... but it's about a 3 minute walk from the main building, maybe a 7 minute walk from the monorail, etc.

I suppose you don't have the FULL experience of staying in the Contemporary -- You can't walk out of you room and see the monorail whizzing through the lobby. But considering the price difference, the Garden Wing is a FANTASTIC value. It's the cheapest way to stay on the MK monorail. Considering the price difference, I'd always pick the Garden Wing over the main building....... to me, the main building isn't worth another $100+ per night.

We stayed at Bay Lake in August and my mother stayed in the Garden Wing. It was so much less money that it was worth it for her. She was very happy there. She liked being close to the pool. One afternoon we took the monorail and she walked over to MK and she beat us there!

Thx!! How long would say the walk to MK is - in general from CR?

5-10 minutes.

The garden wing is a different experience. BUT It is a really good value for staying on the monorail and is a very relaxing quiet place to stay. The upper floor rooms do not have balconies, but the ground floor rooms do have a patio. We have stayed in both the ground floor rooms and the rooms without a balcony. Both are nice. On the second and third floor rooms you do have sliding glass doors that open to a rail, so you can get the fresh air into your room. If outside space is important to you, though, request a ground floor room. They are delightful.
The tower rooms have spectacular views, but the views from the garden wing are also very nice. In many resorts you would pay more money for these lovely water view rooms but at the CR these are the value rooms!! Many rooms provide a view of the ELP at night. Others are convenient to the pools. You have got to love the tremendous value you get in these rooms!

As other PPer's said, it isn't inconvenient at all to go from the garden wing to the tower. There is a short covered walkway connecting the two. Then you can walk along the inside corridors to your room. The time you are walking is probably not much more than the time tower guests spend waiting for an elevator, riding, and then walking to their room in the tower.

WE LOVE staying at the CR. Whichever part of the resort that you choose, it is a very convenient, comfortable and fun place to stay.

Enjoy!!!

Excellent info. Thx so much. I can't believe how quick the walk is to MK. So crazy!! Not sure if we'll end up in the tower or the wing, but sounds like it will be awesome either way!!

What is the tower 4th floor concourse? It's that where Chef Mickey's and the monorail and all are?

Thanks for the walking info, that helps! Glad it's close enough that it's not inconvenient!

Which do people who stay there tend to do - walk to MK or take the monorail?
Yes, the concourse level (4th floor in the tower) is where Chef Mickey's and most of the shops are located.
Taking the monorail from CR to MK involves stops at the TTC, Poly and GF before getting to MK. Walking is almost always better/faster going to MK.
Coming back from MK, CR is the first stop after leaving MK, but you have to walk in the opposite direction from the MK gates to get on the monorail. It's almost better to walk directly back to CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!