CPAP machine

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by wurtie, Jan 2, 2013.

1. wurtie

wurtie Mouseketeer

My husband travels with a CPAP machine. We always carry it on when flying but we're trying to decide what to do when we check in for our cruise. When we arrive we'll check our luggage with the porters, keeping our one carry on bag with us. Is it safe for us to leave the CPAP machine with the porters also or do we need to keep it with us?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rance

rance DIS Veteran

I have a Cpap and would never leave it with porter. If they throw a 50 pound suitcase on it it would be damaged.
    I carry mine on.

Also if you call Disney they will arrange to have distilled water ready in your room. Also remember to pack extension chord.

4. wurtie

wurtie Mouseketeer

Thank you

5. Lexa

Lexa DIS Veteran

Yes, carry CPAP with you all the time. My DH does that and it's not such a hassle.

6. SandyandKaren

SandyandKaren Earning My Ears

My DH hand carries his all the way to the room. We can't afford to lose that thing, neither one of us would get any sleep. Thanks for the tip on the distilled water, I will be sure to call!

7. ccemtperic

ccemtperic Earning My Ears

I would carry it to make sure nothing happens to it.

8. CSHaydt

CSHaydt Mouseketeer

Just a suggestion but bring a power strip with your CPAP - my husband had a carry case for his and he does hand carry it with us just to be safe but we were happy we brought a power strip cause we also had to plug in a few other things near the bed; and it was helpful!

Enjoy!!

9. Robin"D"

Robin"D" DIS Veteran

Always carry the CPAP with you....that way you know it's safety and where it is at all times....
    two things:
    1] if you need water for it, tell DCL ahead of time, they will make sure a gallon of distilled is in your cabin @ no cost/ or let the desk know that you need it
    2] if you are on a "classic ship/ Magic or Wonder/ make sure you have an extension cord for it. Thay are no outlets by your beds/
    on the Dream or Fantasy, you are ok

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

10. PrincessTrisha

PrincessTrisha DIS Veteran

I consider my Dad's CPAP machine no different than his or my mother's medications.

My rule of thumb is to carry on anything that I absolutely could not live without for the week (medication, CPAP, wallet).