CP Transportation Questions

Kumquatmelon

Desiring Disney
My mother was talking to me and was wondering what people did at the CP about transportation. I know that Disney provided busses but ya know, what about other transportation to the grocery, or other activities outside of the Disney property? I know that a lot of people drive down there but are there parking spots for you and also if you do fly down what do you do for transportation?

THANKS!

My mother was talking to me and was wondering what people did at the CP about transportation. I know that Disney provided busses but ya know, what about other transportation to the grocery, or other activities outside of the Disney property? I know that a lot of people drive down there but are there parking spots for you and also if you do fly down what do you do for transportation?

THANKS!

There are no CP buses to outside parks (like Universal, ect). The CP buses go to the 4 parks, the water parks, Downtown Disney, Walmart and Publix (sometimes they will go to the mall, and on beach trips).

Yes, there are parking spots at the housing complexes for everyone.

When I flew down, I just used the CP buses.

THANKS!

I drove down to Orlando and I'm so so so glad that I did. Yes, they have busses that will take you just about anywhere on Disney property and a couple places off property but you have to catch the bus about an hour at least before you want to get somewhere. It's rather annoying. I rode the bus like the first couple days I was there to a few places and I swore I was going to ride it to work to save gas, but when it came down to it, it was sooo much easier to just drive to work. But a couple of my roommates didn't have cars and they made out just fine. I guess it's more of a convenience than a necessity to have a car but I definitely enjoyed having mine.

I used the busses and they were honestly a nightmare. The walmart bus takes TWO HOURS roundtrip! Absolutely ridiculous. Half the time the bus filled up so quickly that a handful of people couldn't even get on. It doesn't help that it only comes once an hour. I lived in Chatham so I walked the mile back and forth to Publix with groceries in hand. I have no idea what I would have done at Vista. I would not do the full semester program again without a car. I worked at a resort and would have to go to a park and transfer to another bus (that was ALWAYS late). It would take over an hour each way :( If you work in a park, esp. EPCOT, the transportation is much better. But if you can take a car, do it!!

Bum rides from friends and roommates. Having a large SUV, i made a lot of friends.

Hey I rode the bus when coming back from PI drunk many times at 2 in the morning, it was a life saver. Also I drove from Texas down there, and I rode the bus to my location at DAKL about 50% of the time. I never took it to the stores though, but would take it to the parks.

We drove down, and flew home, so we could leave the car for DD. She still takes the bus most of the time to work to save on gas, BUT it's great for the store, medical issues, and crazy hours when you don't want to take a bus. You DO have to bring down insurance information in YOUR name in order to get your parking sticker, so make sure to have that with you when you check in.

say you're working till 3am during peek season, what time do the buses run till? will you have to get a ride or will there be a bus somewhere to take you back to the apartment complexes?

buses normally stop running around 1 or 2 am

but you can call from your work location and get them to send a bus.

i remember the one time i did ride the bus to work, my car was in the shop, and i was working EMH... they're were about 40 of us and they piled us into 2 vans... not the jon and kate + 8 vans but like the crummy 18 passenger vans.. not comfortable

definitely try and bring down your car. it's a lifesaver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter